hartke's website

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by loudmouth, Apr 4, 2001.

1. loudmouth

Mar 22, 2001
    i was just wondering if hartke has a website and what the address is.

ps which is best carvin, hartke, swr, or ampeg?
  2. How about a Carvin thru a Hartke?

Yeah, I like it............
  3. mark

Apr 7, 2000
    It saddens me that you've grouped SWR (and Ampeg for that matter) with Hartke and Carvin.
  4. Why? SWR and Ampeg have their entry level gear as well. Like the workingman's series, and the B2R. I think these are quite valid options. They are (almost) the same price as the hartke and carvin gear.
  5. mark

Apr 7, 2000
    Well can we atleat add some Eden Nemesis to the list. It'd really make me feel better.
  6. Does price need to equal "entry level"? I have used Fenders, Acoustics, Ampegs, Hartkes, Randalls, GKs, Kustoms (going back to the early 70's now), Music Mans (early 80's), Peaveys, SWRs, and a few others on top of these. Outside of the Kustom and Randall (both of which were really pretty crappy), I would put my Hartke up against any of the others, including the GK at more than twice the $$$.

Personally I would consider Rogue, Crate, and Squire as entry level amps regardless of price. In the end it all comes down to price, and what you look for as far as quality and sound. My Harke has seen some serious abuse and still kicks it. At the same time, I have heard more than a couple of players bitching about their new SWR Mo' Bass heads that run $1200!!!!

But that's just me..........
    If it sounds good and makes you happy---
    BUY IT!
  7. I agree with you fretless. Price does not nessicarily equal entry level. I called it entry level because the B2R and Workingman's series are simply the cheapest amps that Ampeg and SWR makes. I didnt nessicarily mean that they were entry level (squire, rogue) quality.
  8. LizardKing--
    Sorry if I came across as being defensive about Hartke, but earlier in the day I had the same discussion with a local music store salesman who did nothing but slag on Hartke. He was trying his best to sell me a $900 Ampeg that I did not want or need. He actually said that I "must not take your {my} playing too seriously" because I used a Hartke.

BTW- a note to any aspiring instrument sales people out there: DON'T INSULT YOUR POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a SVT for a while years ago and it was like carrying my VW by hand to every gig. My back is so much happier now!
    I think I'll go play for a bit............
  9. I am actually considering buying a hartke, as i am looking into (my first) 1/2 stack. I do not want to spend more than $500 on the whole thing really, and hartke seems to be the most bang for the buck, especially used. I dont think that people with enough money for Mesa/Boogie Bass 400+ amps should be slagging companies like hartke so much, because many musicians like myself cant afford thousands of dollars on a rig. Hartke seems like a great value.
  10. blong1

blong1 Supporting Member

Apr 10, 2000
    hartke is not bad stuff at all. when i was shopping around for a stack, i tried ampeg, swr, eden, and even fender. to me, the best sounding was the hartke cabs. i bought their top of the line cabs and i love their sound. and they are very well built cabs. but in the end, it just comes down to what sounds good to you...even if it isn't the most expensive you can find.
  11. Certainly agree. I used a 3500 for most of the 90's
    without a single problem, while my Mesa 400+ sat in it's case gathering dust because it had failed me a couple of times.

It wasn't a money thing, I used Hartke because it sounded great and it was reliable.

Can't be that bad, Jack Bruce uses Hartke.

Pic of my Hartke rig