Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hartkinger/Behrke 410 bass cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rod Harder, Jan 20, 2004.

1. Fresh from NAMM- Now here's something revolutionary....an ALUMINUM cone 410 bass cab......as seen at the Behringer booth...

2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Behringer continues to know no shame . . .

3. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Oh man! I'm lovin' this!

4. It was just a matter of time. They alredy had aluminium cones in some of their combos and that bx3000 head was just aching for a partner...

5. alexclaber

alexclaber Commercial User

Jun 19, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    Director - Barefaced Ltd
    In what way?

Alex

6. Eric Moesle

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Apparently he's never seen or heard of a hartke . . .

7. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Im embarassed to admit I own a Beringer combo.
    This is just too shameless.

8. In all fairness, I want to give Behringer a chance here - although I think they will ultimately fail to take it. Just the fact that it is a black box (99% of cabs are black) with 4 aluminium coned, 10-inch drivers doesn´t make it a ripoff. I mean Hartke doesn´t have monopoly in using aluminium as cone material, do they?. And the 4x10 speaker layout isn´t exactly an industrial secret. Of course they could have made some cosmetic changes (a different grille or something) but as long there´s that big Behringer logo there, I don´t think anyone´s going to take them as Hartkes.

But of course, if (and when) we find out that it is an exact copy of Hartke´s designs in every little detail (except quality), then it´s bashing time!

9. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

In the way of the continuing saga of Behringer!! This will be the ultimate budget rig! I figure the cab is gonna go for aprox. $200 as does the head already! $400 for a decent kickass rig? Hmmmmmmm..........nothing but good reports on the head so far!

10. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Who? :confused: If you are referring to me, I own Hartke gear!! :rolleyes:

11. Subculture13

Subculture13 Jamming Econo

Apr 9, 2003
    Toronto, Ont. Canada
    You have got to be kidding me. This is sheer blasphemy. Not that everything else they have ever come out with isn't (like the Vamp in the upper right corner), but come on now! This is a little over the top, even for them. I think that anyone who ever sees one of these should immediately light it on fire. This hear is a witch hunt. BURN THEM!!

12. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I swear I'm not finding any info on that cabinet either at NAMM or the Behringer website. Could someone else confirm? There is only mention of 16 new products and a 4x10 bass cab ain't one of them!! Could that just be a custom job just to show off the new bass amp??!! Could be a preview for Summer NAMM.

13. Eric Moesle

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    "Custom job"???? That thing is a Hartke cab with a different nameplate . . . . as usual with Behringer. Model ripoffs using inferior components to sell cheaply. If you like that cab, go buy the Hartke and know you're getting your money's worth . . . IMO.

14. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Dude, who cares?! You guys are beating this Behringer 'steals designs-makes garbage' thing to death! Give it a rest! Behringer is still in business! Not that I'm promoting them mind you! I own no Behringer products. And what I meant about that cab being a custom was they probably had a one-off made to demo the amp.

15. WOW! Nothing like a Behringer thread to get things going on TB.....I work for Hartke here in Canada and I have to say that while it is obvious where the "inspiration" for the cab came from, like several people here have stated in this and other threads, Behringer are still around and obviously doing well. Most, if not all of us on TB are fortunate in that we can buy what we want to, and have MANY choices in the gear we buy. The point being missed is that while they are obviously derivative, Behringer is SELLING A SH*TLOAD OF PRODUCT each year and people are voting with their wallets and keep on buying the stuff. I'd LOVE it if Behringer never actually produces this cab, and from what I gathered at the show it still may never see production, this was a prototype, but if they do, it is just another example of the changing dynamic of the industry.
    I am sure that Bob Lee isn't going to buy any Behringer product, and nor would I personally, but companies in this day and age are constantly under pressure to change the way they do business because of the new Global economy.
    I am not defending the way that Behringer does business, and trust me, I am sure they take away sales and market share from Hartke already, but you guys can't really get down on any TB'er who says he would buy one, if that's all he could afford to own AND chooses to buy one.
    I am sure that you have all been affected by things like this in everyday things, like the fact that a number of US Banks have their Credit Card Call Centers in INDIA, so that toll free # you dial to complain about your last Visa bill sends you to Bangladesh, NOT Bangor. You won't stop paying for your gas and pizzas with that card, it's just that things are changing every day in the way businesses are run.
    Why do they do it? MONEY......same reason most business decisions are made......

16. Were there complaints like these with the Bullfrog Alumabass series of cabs (now defunct)?

17. Eric Moesle

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    The design of the Alumabass cabs were quite different from anything Hartke had to offer, and the cones themselves were constructed quite differently, as well as sounded differently.

18. alexclaber

alexclaber Commercial User

Jun 19, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    Director - Barefaced Ltd
    You're not? You're certainly championing their cause!

If you wrote a novel, wouldn't you feel a little annoyed to find that someone had brought out a copy, rife with spelling mistakes and with the sort of binding that falls apart after one read, was selling it at half the price and was thus taking a huge proportion of your sales?

Well?

Alex

19. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Ireland
    No, because you get what you pay for.

Also, we are not talking about books here, a behringers 'books' do not tear apart after first use, infact, with relation to the ultrabasshead, i havnt heard any complaints of them being faulty, nothing worth getting worried about anyway.

This argument is going to go on forever, if behringer's head didnt look like an ashdown, would there still be all this fuss? If there was a set of 5 led's instead of the VU meter would people still say that behringer are copying ashdown?

I highly doubt it.

20. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

So what?! Dude, if you don't dig Behringer, don't buy their stuff. In fact why don't you start an anti-Behringer campaign! :rolleyes: I see you're just not gonna let it go! Do yourself a favor and take your argument up with Behringer directly cause I personally don't give a rat's azz. Instead of wasting your time responding to 'my' posts, why don't you do some research and find out all the companies guilty of design/patent infringment and jump on their cases with the same tenacity as you do with Behringer. There are plenty!