Has any1 heard of Brendan Wires but me!?!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by slybubbaj, Nov 30, 2002.

1. this guy is amazing. i got his solo album "when the drums stop" he seriously sounds like a whole band, and its not recording over stuff he already laid down. his chord work is great. i recomend his stuff, although im sure it would be very hard to find. he is a friend of mine's uncle so thats how i got my hands on it. he plays a 6 string with tap technique. im not sure if any of u know already that is when u just hammer ur finger down to get the sound. because he does this he is able to play with both hands. botton 3 strings handled by his left hand and top 3 by his right. this guy is crazy fast. he makes me want to convert to playing tap bass. if any of u know what a chaplain stick is i think it uses a similar method. jsut thought id get the word out about a great bassist!

it might be easier to get a hold of his work in the seattle area, cuz thats where he hails from.

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    He's a good tapper, although his timing is a little shaky at times. His bass sound is almost identical to Michael Manring's. Great Tapping-stuff nonetheless though.
  3. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I'm familliar with the name, because I used to be up in the Pacific Northwest, I've only heard a song or two of his, but he is NUTS. Really good tap style player.
  4. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    I love that solo cd title :D

I'd buy the album just for that