Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Has any1 heard of Brendan Wires but me!?!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by slybubbaj, Nov 30, 2002.

1. this guy is amazing. i got his solo album "when the drums stop" he seriously sounds like a whole band, and its not recording over stuff he already laid down. his chord work is great. i recomend his stuff, although im sure it would be very hard to find. he is a friend of mine's uncle so thats how i got my hands on it. he plays a 6 string with tap technique. im not sure if any of u know already that is when u just hammer ur finger down to get the sound. because he does this he is able to play with both hands. botton 3 strings handled by his left hand and top 3 by his right. this guy is crazy fast. he makes me want to convert to playing tap bass. if any of u know what a chaplain stick is i think it uses a similar method. jsut thought id get the word out about a great bassist!

it might be easier to get a hold of his work in the seattle area, cuz thats where he hails from.

josh

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    He's a good tapper, although his timing is a little shaky at times. His bass sound is almost identical to Michael Manring's. Great Tapping-stuff nonetheless though.

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I'm familliar with the name, because I used to be up in the Pacific Northwest, I've only heard a song or two of his, but he is NUTS. Really good tap style player.

4. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    I love that solo cd title :D

I'd buy the album just for that