Has anybody ever played a Kenneth Lawrence Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jbass27, May 24, 2001.

1. jbass27

May 4, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    I got some info about Kenneth Lawrence basses and was looking at them, they are gorgeous, but I have never had a chance to play one, anybody ever tried them? What do you think? Do they have a web site?
  2. gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    a friend of mine has one. I got to jam on it one night. It felt good, was easy to play, and sounded great.

It had jazz bass style pick ups, ash body, I think, and a maple neck. It was a Fender on steriods.

Have'nt had a chance to seach for a web site.
  3. I played a fretless Brase 5. Alder body with passive electronics. I really liked the instrument. It was very light with a comfortable neck. The tone was woody with good growl.

4. freakybass

Apr 25, 2005
    Omaha Nebraska
    Please call me if you are interested in feedback for Kenneth Lawrence basses. He has made me the finest electric bass I have ever played. 402-680-4109 central time!
  5. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska

Good to see another Omaha bassist, and I'd love to check out your KL sometime! However, you do realize that those posts are almost 4 years old, don't you?

6. Tritone

Tritone Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Santee, America
    I've tried out several Braces over the years....they are outstanding instruments.
  7. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes! Supporting Member

I am a BIG fan of Ken's basses. I have a Brase that is my primary bass (ahead of a killer MTD 535 and a 55-94) and it is the most balanced and true bass I have ever played. The ergonomics are outstanding, the tone is umbelievably good, the string to string balance is perfect, no dead spots or wolf tones, fast neck, comfortable shape, .... just the best! At one point I had 2 Brase 5's but didn't use the fretless enough, so I'm down to one. It was HARD getting rid of the second Brase - I loved it but not using it, in addition to a new kid made the decision for me. I will get another some day!

I may be biased about my bass, but I hang out (too much according to my wife) at Bass Alone and try almost every kind of bass John gets in. So, I've compared it to:

and lots of others!

I have never played a bass that fits me as well or sounds as good and have NEVER seen one of Ken's basses with a manufacturing flaw of any kind. If you are interested in a Ken Lawrence - talk to John at Bass Alone!

Dan K.
  8. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada

at least he already learned how to use the search function!! :)

About KL. I owned one and it is one the greatest bass I ever played. I loved that thing.
  9. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    That's true!