Has anybody ever played a neuser bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BigJH, May 5, 2001.

1. BigJH

Jan 20, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I was looking at neuser's website and I was wondering what the quality and sound of their basses is like. I was just curious because I was interested in buying one. Thanks.
  2. I have played a 5 string. Build quality is very good. They are too "modern" for my more fender-oriented taste, so I won't comment on the tone.
  3. BigJH

Jan 20, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Where did you play this bass because I have been looking for one that I can try out?
  4. I live in Ankara, in Turkey. The Neuser I tried was bought buy a guy in Iznir, on the Aegean coast.
  5. Tuomas

Mar 14, 2000
    Helsinki, Finland
    I have almost bought a neuser cloudburst six string for about twenty times :) Last week i almost did it again but then I decided i need a new tenor saxophone more than a new bass.

Well anyhow, the basses are great. I'm not so fond of the lower end models but the cloudburst is truly nice. It is the most playable six string i have ever tried and the quality of the construction is really nice. And it has plenty of punch for slap and plenty of bottom too for big fingerstyle grooves.

I don't know about the prices, but this particular cloudburst is no sale here in finland and it goes for something like 1700$, but i think the list price is way over that.
  6. Jacob_Baseman

Feb 10, 2009
    I do.

I bought a used Courage 5-string half a year ago. It was not cheap, but it's worth every cent I paid for it.

Awful sound, and superbly manufactured, a bass I heartily recommend.
  7. fullrangebass

May 7, 2005
    I have tried few Neuser basses and depending on the model you can have different tones. Nice basses, superb constuction
  8. 1kinal

Jan 18, 2006
    Montreal, Qc. Canada
    Endorsing Artist: SIT strings
    I played one while on tour in Europe in 2000. From what I remember, the quality and playability were superb and the sound was good.
  9. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I've played two Neusers, a 5 and a 6. I liked both, but neither really "spoke" to me. The 6 that I've played belongs to TBer lbpark. Might want to ask him his thoughts.
  10. Captain Howdy

Captain Howdy

Oct 23, 2008
    OK so I don't know anything about these basses and I have never played one. Judging from this thread they are pretty well made, but I don't know what their resale typically is or anything. I can get a Courage 5 string for $450...any thoughts? I do not currently own a five string, so I was thinking this may be a good one for the price.
  11. Spider

Aug 24, 2006
    Czech Republic
    Go for it immediatelly, forget about reselling, wonder why they are selling it at first place. I played one yesterday (well, the 15th aniversary model to be specific) and I could not get enough. This was compared head to head with Sadowsky metro, Pedulla series II, Sandberg California, Fender DeLuxe......in my ears, Neuser was on top all the time. (compared on Alembic F1X).

Incredible playing comfort, great sound, dynamics.... I want it so bad
  12. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes! Supporting Member

Did you replace the pickups?

Dan K.
  13. "Awful sound" I think was used with "awful" meaning: to inspire awe. Awful is usually taken to mean: very bad or horrible, but here I think it denoted the good definition of the word.
  14. Basdyret

Basdyret A Dane in China Gold Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Qingdao, China
    Arrgh, I made a mis-quote... deleted :)

Anyway, I think it's fun when a thread gets dug up after 8 years and just continues like nothing happened :p
  15. Spider

Aug 24, 2006
    Czech Republic
    Well,it happens all the time :D But hey, u get some kind of information, even though the original question is out of date....
  16. Twice:bassist:
  17. reipaul

Jan 13, 2009
    I've had my Neuser for about 3 years, and it's my absolutely favourite bass. Sounds great whatever music you play :)
  18. Puni

Jun 12, 2007
    Last week I changed my Warwick for a 5 strings Neuser Cloudburst.
    I really like it...it has a really punchy and fat sound. In some ways, I like it more than my Modulus Quantum. The bad thing is the weight, moreover for me that am used to light basses.
    It´s a great chance for the price it has.
  19. Kipaste

Jun 27, 2006
    Helsinki, Finland
    I'm also a big fan of the cloudburst series. And would be very interested in the claudias too but I've never seen one. There is a used cloudburst for sale in a local shop for a ridiculous price since it's been road worn to say the least. It has a really nice, woody and organic tone that makes it sound sort of like a cross between cello and electric bass. If I only had the money..

There are atleast three variations. Some have bartolini pups and electronics, some have bartolini pups and ebs electronics and some have neuser pups and ebs electronics. My favourite is the bartolini/ebs combo followed with the current production model with the neuser/ebs combo.
  20. Puni

Jun 12, 2007
    Guess mine is neuser/ebs...the only way to see it is dismounting the pickups?