Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Has anybody heard of this amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by link wray, Nov 28, 2005.

1. I just bought a new (used) amp. It is a Dynacord reference 4000.
    It's rated 420 watt @ 8 ohm. It is also biampable: 2 channels (210 watt each), selectable crossover frequency. It can also store a lot of settings through midi.
    I do not intend to use the biamp-mode (yet..maybe later) but i do wonder if it can handle a 4 ohm load... can someone tell me?

2. I haven't heard of that one before. Got any pics?

3. Sorry, no camera :(

4. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    I remember them as a pro sound and high end pro audio company back in the 70's. As I recall they were real good stuff back then. I goggled them and this is their web page:

http://www.dynacord.com/

5. Yes, i know that. I also own another Dynacord bass amp: the BS 412. They dont make any bass amps anymore, just PA stuff. I emailed them for info but no reply yet.

The most important question i have is this:

- The non-biamped speaker outputs seem to be the bridged biamp outputs... so when i connect my single 4 ohm cab the amp 'sees' 2 ohm right?... i am afraid this might be a bit overwhelming the amp, and it might overheat.

6. well, the folks from Dynacord sent me a reply.. that is fast service. They will also sent me a copy of the manual. I think i might have to rewire my (DIY) cab to 2x8 ohm instead of the 1x4 ohm it is now; or maybe build a nice sub+top 8 ohm cab combination and sell the 4 ohm 2x12.