1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Has anybody here bought this Sadowsky ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Papersen, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
  2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I saw that one at such a bad time. Earlier in the week I was like, wow, the sadowsky MS4 in sunburst is such an attractive model, I should check ebay for giggles, and i see that one. Ouch.

Luckily I get over gas quickly.

3. simongpaez

simongpaez Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2005
    The Woodlands , Texas
    Very good price

4. puff father

puff father Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2006
    Endicott, NY
    Someone got a good deal.

5. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

+1. I think that's the lowest price I've ever seen on a Sadowsky.

6. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

I bid on it early in the auction. I got a second chance offer on it today. Interesting. Might be a scam auction after all or maybe he sent out second chance auctions by mistake. Not too sure.

Rob

7. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Shady.

8. bikeplate

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

For sure, Fig. I emailed the seller. Asked him to call me on the fone, no email. Said Id consider it if he could supply references, etc. We will see

Rob

9. LaMarquis J

LaMarquis J

Jan 27, 2006
    I think its shady too. Why the pic of the back of the bass? Kinda weird. I was winning a bid on a music man only to be out bid and be offered a 2nd chance only 15 minutes after it closed. Maybe if he had waited a day or two I would have went for it. I told him a ridiclously low price Id pay with shipping and he said "FINE!!!!!". At that point I knew he was a fraud. Whateva:meh:

10. BFISHER1970

BFISHER1970 Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2005
    Pensacola, Florida
    Yeah Rob, I think it's probably a scam.....I bid higher than you & I didn't get a second chance offer.

11. todd 4ta

todd 4ta

Apr 3, 2003
    Indiana
    If it doesn't come into your INBOX in the ebay messaging system, it's not a real Second Chance Offer. Even then, be careful. I've received 2 or 3 real 2nd Chance Offers, and at least 100 or so fake ones (just in email).

When you get a real one, it sets up a new auction with your high bid as the Buy It Now price. You don't just get an email saying "Psst, hey buddy, want to buy my bass...."

12. mimaz

mimaz

Mar 1, 2005
    Wheeling WV
    Endorsing Artist: Crook Custom Guitars
    +100 - If you don't see it when you sign in to "My Ebay", it's a fake!

I got 6 fake second chance offers today alone! (I have only received 2 legit offers ever.)

13. LaMarquis J

LaMarquis J

Jan 27, 2006
    ....and lets not forget about the sellers who secretly bid against bidders to drive up the price. When I didnt bite I got the 2nd chance offer but the so called "fradulent" winning bidder never received any negative feedback from the seller. ***???

14. Headroom

Headroom

Apr 5, 2002
    I have a n00b-esq question fro the seasoned eBay vets here: if the auction is fraudulent, what possibly accounts for the 99.5% positive rating on 1016 transactions (i.e. quite a-few) of the seller? The rating and quantity were supposed to be indicators of trustworthiness. Is the rating possible fraudulent as well? If so are their any tell-tale signs of that for potential bidders? Thanks in advance.

15. bikeplate

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

Many times, members with good feedback get their profiles stolen. It happened to a buddy of mine this summer. Whoever then does an auction from stolen photos, etc

Rob

16. AFAIK, The fraud in most cases isn't being committed by the actual seller, but a different scammer that has nothing to to with the auction. I may be wrong though.

17. mimaz

mimaz

Mar 1, 2005
    Wheeling WV
    In my experience, the "fraudulent" activity is most likely the "2nd chance" activity that goes on after (and occasionally during) the auction, typically without the REAL seller's knowledge. Generally speaking, the feedback system is representing actual completed transactions, and can be a reasonably accurate tool for make decisions about a potential seller (or bidder). When considering if an offer is genuinely from an eBay seller, apply this rule before all others: Did I receive communication via the eBay system (i.e. when signed in to my eBay)? If yes, proceed with caution but relative security. If no (the offer appeared in your email, and not on the eBay console as well), chances are you're the target of a potential scam.

By the way, I certainly don't mean to hijack this thread with eBay info, but I received a fake 2nd chance offer on this bass today, even though I never bid on it at all! Ever! My suspicion is that since I recently bid on several other Sadowskys on eBay, the scammer may have thought I was a good target. (Wrong!)

18. bikeplate

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

LOL, Mimaz. Wow, and u didnt even bid. Funny thing is I emailed the seller with a question first day of the auction. He emailed me an answer in a timely manner. After receiving the 2nd offer today, I emailed him. He hasnt emailed back of called.

Who knows. Innocent 'till proven guilty, right?

Rob

19. mimaz

mimaz

Mar 1, 2005
    Wheeling WV
    I bid on a lot of cars as well, mostly through my business account. (I have a day job in the automotive industry just in case this whole "musician thing" doesn't work out;) ) I find that in general, I get more fake 2nd chance offers on the larger ticket items, like cars, and the higher $$ musical gear that I bid on. Bid on something for a couple hundred bucks and almost never get a fake 2nd......I guess that's too small a profit for a real crook!:spit:

20. brothernewt

brothernewt Some people call me the stormtrooper of love...

Apr 13, 2004
    Happyrock, OR
    I've received 3 2nd chance offers on the same item from different email accounts before... all frauds. It's really pretty annoying. If you use the ebay/contact seller option, you can usually sort it out for sure.