Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Has anybody here played either one of these amps??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fourstringbliss, Oct 21, 2005.

1. I know Behringer is a bad word here on TB (though I really like my BX3000T), but check these soon to be released bad boys out:

[​IMG][​IMG]

I like my BX3000T hooked up to my Avatar 210, but it's not as portable as one of these - especially the one with the 15" aluminum speaker. I really like the sound of the Behringer aluminum 15" cab I just didn't want to get one because of the mdf enclosure. I really like the idea of one in combo with a 300 watt, 2 channel amp, though, and a kick-back?

2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Well, you have peak watts, program watts, RMS watts and Behringer watts.
    Let's hope they're better than their current combos.

3. Masher88

Masher88 Believe in absurdities and you commit atrocities

May 7, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    I don't know...for some reason they look cheap. Constuction wise. Are those aluminum cones?

4. Yup! Thos are aluminum cones - weird that they're yellow, huh? I'm sure that they are both 300w/450w at 4 ohms, and they come with 8 ohms worth of speakers so they'd be puttin out about 180w/275w, but I sure do like the sound of their aluminum drivers. I've played through a BX3000T (their first head) hooked to their aluminum 15" cab and it sounded great! I only didn't get it because it's made of mdf rather than plywood. Believe it or not, I'm thinking about the above unit with the 15" because I'm finding I need something more portable than a BX3000T and an Avatar 210. Plus, I regret not getting a 212 instead of the 210 because I want a deeper sound.

5. What's the problem w/mdf? Conversely, what's the advantage to plywood?

6. There's nothing especially wrong with mdf. It's strong and a lot of people make bass cabs out of it. It is a lot heavier than plywood and not as sturdy. I've got a cab that's made of 5/8" baltic birch plywood, which is light and strong. If it took a tumble down the stairs I wouldn't worry about it breaking because the plys of the wood would all bear the brunt. If it were made of mdf it might crack because mdf isn't really long fibers - it's a lot like particle board.

7. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    I would worry about how easy it would be to carry the single 15" combo with just a handle on top. Ask any Peavey TNT (or just about any Peavey combo) user how easy it is to carry and then stand back.

8. I know, I was thinking about that. I'm surprised that it doesn't have inset handles on the side. I'd probably install some if I bought it. I'm wondering how heavy it is. There aren't really details on the website.