Has anybody here played one of these Cort Artisan A4's?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fourstringbliss, Sep 27, 2005.

1. Check this thing out!

It has the Bartolini MK1 pups and preamp just like the Lakland Skyline series 44-01. Have any of you tried one of these?
  2. yup... not bad, didn't exactly grab me by the brain banana though. Love the neck through, felt really comfy up high. Tonal variation was a bit limited, not that that's necessarily a bad thing, provided the basic tone is good. Still, I was comparing this to a Stingray so I kind had stars in my eyes at the time - nothing compares to a stingray.
  3. brothernewt

brothernewt Some people call me the stormtrooper of love...

Apr 13, 2004
    Happyrock, OR
    I played the 5string version... nice, but also, didn't think it compared to my SR5. Neck was too thin for my liking, but played and felt nice for the price.
  4. I bought one a little while ago. It's a decent bass. Comparisons to a Stringray are a bit unfair since they're a half to a third the price of one. The only bass that sounded better to me in that price range was a Godin, but I felt the A4 was a bit more comfortable to play, and none of the stores I went to had active Godins at the time.
  5. I've had my eye on those for a while. Biggest draw point is the price. Do you have any pics like those of the 5 and 6 string versions?
  6. dbaser

Jan 22, 2005
    Mobile, AL
    I just bought an A5 yesterday and just posted a new thread.

As far as the comparison to a Stingray.... well... Rays are nice... but this thing did it for me...

7. Oh wow, she's hawt! Damn this website and the gear lust it's giving me! I think that one of the Corts will probably be my next guitar.

Anyone know of somewhere to get them cheaper over the net?
  8. Believe it or not those pics are from an Ebay retailer that has the best price I've found.
  9. Nepentheon

Jan 8, 2005
    I'm planning on selling my A4 soon. I haven't decided how much I want to ask. She's so beautiful, but I got into acoustic guitar and got hooked, so I've hardly played her.
  10. +1
  11. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    I've played some of the A5's, and I really like them. I don't think I need one in my arsenal right now, but I was pretty impressed overall. Seems relatively well-built, and I like the tone, so if one fell in my lap, I wouldn't throw her back! :)