has anybody tried playing Hamburger Train?!

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Muzique Fann, Feb 26, 2004.

1. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    I'm really starting to think that this is one of the craziest bass anthems of all time. We're talking Primus here by the way - Pork Soda. I think I've got 1 of the riffs down, but he's playing so insanely fast it's hard to tell what the hell is going on (killer drums by the way). A lot of it is just "noise" as in he's not making notes sound - There's a crap load of mutes and left hand slap/tap things going on as well as some little power chords to go along with the overall clickety-
    clacketyness. Anybody have a clue? I think I just talked myself out of even bothering with this tune - nobody but Colonel Claypool can play this.
  2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I learned bits and pieces of it, but yeah, that's a burly song.

I never really sat down and solidified it, um, but I never really solidified any primus song, I just can fake my through pretty much the whole lot of 'em. :meh:

And, nobody but claypool can play it, it's his song, he knows how to play it, and really get it to sound like he wants it to, even if I knew all the notes, and how to play them, I still wouldn't sound like les ;)
  3. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    I feel a little better now, for a second there I thought you were going to say that you play that in your sleep.
    Nice work on that Reza - pretty cool.
  4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I knew WR would peak in here at least for a second... :)
  5. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    There's an endurance song.