1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Has anybody tried these tuners from Stew Mac?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Deepwoods, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Deepwoods

Deepwoods Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2003
    St. Louis
  2. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    I did, not good.

As I was plaing, the vibrations from the instrument loosened those tension screws, three of 'em fell out(on the same night), and got lost, bam tuner no more good.:meh:

3. Deepwoods

Dec 5, 2003
    St. Louis
    Thanks, you just saved me $30 and a bunch of hassle. I guess you really do get what you pay for LOL.

4. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    No bother dude, I'm just glad to help.

Hah, I replaced them with stock MIM tuners I had left over, which have never given me a days trouble since!:D

5. Deepwoods

Dec 5, 2003
    St. Louis
    I just ordered some Pings which is what they use on the MIM's if I'm not mistaken. I will post a review after I install/try them.

6. Siri

Siri

Sep 26, 2006
    Portland, Oregon
    I ordered a set to replace the stock tuners on my MIM P bass and guess what? They were vertually identical. Quality level was the same so I sent them back. Hipshot makes a set of replacement tuners for MIM fender basses and I'll probably get a set.