Has anybody used a Genz Benz amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by reel big bassist, Oct 1, 2000.

1. reel big bassist

reel big bassist

Mar 27, 2000
    Has anyone used a genz benz amp?
    What did you think about them?
    I've never heard much about their amps,
    so I'm curious.

Out of curiosity,
    Greg P

[Edited by reel big bassist on 10-01-2000 at 12:29 PM]
  2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
  3. I own the 15 inch speaker, 135 watt one, and i like its tone and sound quality. But, when i found mine had loose sodering and had to be repaired, and i sent it to the company, and they didnt do anything! so we had to have a local guy do it. So that kinda ticked me off, but they have quality amps. so i dont know if you should get one or not, just make sure its not defective, lol.

[Edited by Bassline1414 on 10-05-2000 at 10:53 PM]
  4. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    I have the Series II head which is 250 watts. I am a fairly new player and it is my first amp so my review is fairly shallow: Construction wise it is very rugged. I like the clipping indicator. The EQ is very simple and straight forward. Internal fan is loud but efficient. I accidentally kicked a control knob and broke it and GB sent me a new one for free. It has a muting switch which is nice because I played it in a musical (Fiddler on the Roof!) and that came in handy during the quiet scenes. Now I am playing R & R and it's loud, especially with two cabs (rates up to 375 @ 4 ohm). As far as tone I am getting a good fat sound ( I play a USA Fender P) A couple of other bass players have used it and liked it a lot. So there you have it from a newbie.
  5. akajuve400g

May 22, 2000
    I have the ML15T which is probably the same one as bassline, but mine hasn't gone down on me yet. Has good sound, gets good bottom end but I wouldn't say it gets really loud. You can play with drums with it though.