1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Has anybody used a Genz Benz amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by reel big bassist, Oct 1, 2000.

1. reel big bassist

reel big bassist

Mar 27, 2000
    Maryland
    Has anyone used a genz benz amp?
    What did you think about them?
    I've never heard much about their amps,
    so I'm curious.

Out of curiosity,
    Greg P

[Edited by reel big bassist on 10-01-2000 at 12:29 PM]

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnope.

3. I own the 15 inch speaker, 135 watt one, and i like its tone and sound quality. But, when i found mine had loose sodering and had to be repaired, and i sent it to the company, and they didnt do anything! so we had to have a local guy do it. So that kinda ticked me off, but they have quality amps. so i dont know if you should get one or not, just make sure its not defective, lol.

[Edited by Bassline1414 on 10-05-2000 at 10:53 PM]

4. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    I have the Series II head which is 250 watts. I am a fairly new player and it is my first amp so my review is fairly shallow: Construction wise it is very rugged. I like the clipping indicator. The EQ is very simple and straight forward. Internal fan is loud but efficient. I accidentally kicked a control knob and broke it and GB sent me a new one for free. It has a muting switch which is nice because I played it in a musical (Fiddler on the Roof!) and that came in handy during the quiet scenes. Now I am playing R & R and it's loud, especially with two cabs (rates up to 375 @ 4 ohm). As far as tone I am getting a good fat sound ( I play a USA Fender P) A couple of other bass players have used it and liked it a lot. So there you have it from a newbie.

5. akajuve400g

akajuve400g

May 22, 2000
    Louisiana
    I have the ML15T which is probably the same one as bassline, but mine hasn't gone down on me yet. Has good sound, gets good bottom end but I wouldn't say it gets really loud. You can play with drums with it though.