1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Has Anyone A/Bed the Bergie AE410 and the Genz NeoX212T?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tallboybass, Sep 11, 2008.

1. tallboybass

tallboybass Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I did a search and came up with nothing. Reading the descriptions of these cabs it seems like they might sound similar. If I had $1,200 laying around I'd do my own comparison but.....you know how it is. :rolleyes: I've got the Genz cab and like it but I'm not too happy with the form factor.

Thanks for any light you can shed on this,
    Alan

2. tallboybass

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    How about opinions on these cabs?

3. tallboybass

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    How about the sound of crickets......:help:

4. sevenorchids

sevenorchids Supporting Member

chirp...chirp... :)

Did you ever order the retractable handle for the 212T? I'd be interested to hear how that works, especially since I am tall and the cab just isn't tall enough to make the wheeling of it around a great experience.

5. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    I love my AE410......I've used multiple other cabs and liked them all for different reasons, but the AE has EVERYTHING I want........lightweight and punchy!

I loved my Edens for the punchy low mids, the AE410 is somewhat similiar but not exact......I would have stuck with my Eden 4x10's if they weren't so darn heavy. I read reviews for days on the AE410 and finally decided to take the plunge without trying one first........soooooooooooooo, glad I did this. It's handled every venue and stage I've played perfectly unlike some other cabs I've owned that were finicky with different stages and venues.

6. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
  7. tallboybass

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I haven't got that yet, I'm still sort of figuring out where I'm at with this cab. I've got a hunch that if I got the Bergie I'd sell everything else....well, I'd HAVE to!

8. thejohnkim

thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    NYC
    Man, i jsut love everything about my GB Neox212T cab except for the fact that if it were the newest revision it would be a few pounds lighter (around 52 lbs instead of 55), and my back doesnt like bending so low to wheel it, and im not that tall a guy. But the cab sounds great, is light, and i love the vertical driver config that you cant find in the vast majority of 2x12" bass cabs.

however its not something one of those lightweight foldable dollys cant fix with the telescoping handles. Especially since I love how it can handle the 500watt-1200watt range of poweramps i use with ease and efficiency, while sounding full and clear.

as for lifting, i def recommend the grab one handle, tilt to the side, grab the opposite lower corner approach. i grab plate would be nice right there on both bottom edges now that i think about it, something to give me a bit of a lip for my fingers to grab that extends straight downward from the side panel.

9. tallboybass

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Thanks Tony, I forgot about that one. So you're one of the guys I'm looking for, how would you compare the AE410 and the NeoX212T? I know you didn't have them at the same time and that makes it hard to say, but..........whaddya think?

10. tallboybass

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I know, it's hard to throw down that kind of money on something you haven't heard with no return policy!

Thanks for your response,
    Alan

11. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    They both have a similar tone going on, but the Berg sound takes it to a slightly different level. The Berg is more punchy and clear sounding, but still having a similar tone signature as the Genz Benz if you get what I'm trying to say. Like you I also didn't like the form factor of the NeoX212, but the AE410 is a breeze to move around due to well placed side handles distributing the weight better when you lift it.

12. tallboybass

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Yes, it's an ergonomic nightmare, especially for us tall guys. Sounds good next to a UL410 but not great. Man it just seems like the AE410 might be the ONE for me.....

13. tallboybass

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    :bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl: Preach it Rev. T!!! You had me at "punchy and clear".

After weighing my older UL410S1, there would be no weight penalty vs. the AE410....it weighs 62lbs.

Uh, anyone got $1,200 layin' around they're not using? :ninja:

14. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Well, if you do get one I recommend getting the padded cover to go with it. The finish is very nice, but is a little brittle and will chip if you bump it on something abrasive enough.

15. tallboybass

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    What I love about TB......

One minute we're counseling Tony G about his tone, next minute, uh, I've got piles of cabs here and thinking about another one.

It's almost like there's no end to it....OH, I remember that joke about "Bass Player's Hell" only it's not the gig that goes on for eternity......:eek: