Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Has anyone been in the "Working Stiffs" section of Bass Player?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jive1, Nov 6, 2003.

1. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Out of curiosity, has anyone here ever been featured in the Working Stiffs section of Bass Player magazine?

2. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    in curious, BTT

I know Woodchuck made the editor's thingy

3. Yeah, I saw that. I think it was 2 months ago, right?

Go Woodman! :)

Mike

4. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    yuppers

5. Mikemike

Mikemike Miscreant

Jun 18, 2002
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    I know JT wrote in a very controversial letter concerning tabulature, and they published it. Those were an interesting couple of months. Does anyone happen to have a copy of the actual letter?

6. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Madsubwoofer was featured in the Working Stiffs section once. Is he still around here anyway? I don't think I've seen a post from him lately.

brad cook

7. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Please excuse my ignorance, but I live in the ass-end of the world. What is the significance of the Working Stiff's section?

8. Bass Player magazine tries to profile 3 bass players per month from different parts of the world. I imagine they do this, to show that wherever we come from, we're all much more alike, than not to each other. They list the player's gear, band(s) and day jobs.

I find it interesting, because you read about guys that have the most basic gear, and not much of it, playing in their local bars to others that have a ton of high-end stuff doing professional gigs to upright players.

It's like a John Q. Public bass players page.

Mike ;)