Has anyone been in the "Working Stiffs" section of Bass Player?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jive1, Nov 6, 2003.

1. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Out of curiosity, has anyone here ever been featured in the Working Stiffs section of Bass Player magazine?
  2. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    in curious, BTT

I know Woodchuck made the editor's thingy
  3. Yeah, I saw that. I think it was 2 months ago, right?

Go Woodman! :)

4. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
  5. Mikemike

Mikemike Miscreant

Jun 18, 2002
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    I know JT wrote in a very controversial letter concerning tabulature, and they published it. Those were an interesting couple of months. Does anyone happen to have a copy of the actual letter?
  6. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Madsubwoofer was featured in the Working Stiffs section once. Is he still around here anyway? I don't think I've seen a post from him lately.

brad cook
  7. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Please excuse my ignorance, but I live in the ass-end of the world. What is the significance of the Working Stiff's section?
  8. Bass Player magazine tries to profile 3 bass players per month from different parts of the world. I imagine they do this, to show that wherever we come from, we're all much more alike, than not to each other. They list the player's gear, band(s) and day jobs.

I find it interesting, because you read about guys that have the most basic gear, and not much of it, playing in their local bars to others that have a ton of high-end stuff doing professional gigs to upright players.

It's like a John Q. Public bass players page.

Mike ;)