Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

has anyone built one of these?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by unbridled, May 26, 2005.

1. unbridled

unbridled

May 26, 2005
    Montana
    Endorsing Artist-Compton Compensated Custom Bridges (for Gretsch 6ers)
  2. If you do a search, you'll find at least one thread regarding the Saga kits.

They sound alright to me. Obviously, you'll get what you put into it. But I say, GO FOR IT!

3. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    I know a guy that built one of their tele kits. It turned out wonderfully, and he sold it for 3 times what he paid for it. You want to be sure you know what you're doing though (even though, IIRC, they are snap-on soders?) as to not mess anything up. For example, I sucked at painting my tele... so I sold the whole kit and quit.

I'd go for it. If anything, you can sell it to someone that is starting out on bass. If you do a good job on it, you could have a wonderful bass with a wonderful history.

EDIT: Wow. Those sure have gone up in price since the last time I saw them.

4. tekhna

tekhna

Nov 7, 2004
    I have heard nothing but good things, but I agree-Last I saw they were like 105 dollars. Ebay maybe?

5. unbridled

unbridled

May 26, 2005
    Montana
    Endorsing Artist-Compton Compensated Custom Bridges (for Gretsch 6ers)
    What's the best type of paint for guitars?

6. Worshiper

Worshiper

Aug 13, 2004
    New York
    I build two of them. The first one came out amazing. The only complaint is that the pickups weren't the best. But what do you expect for the price, I was planning on putting some better ones in. The second one Was not as good. This was mostly because a lot of the holes in the body were predrilled and not exactly in teh right spots. I ended up making my own body for that one, but nonetheless, it came out very good.