has anyone built one of these?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by unbridled, May 26, 2005.

1. unbridled

unbridled

May 26, 2005
    Montana
    Endorsing Artist-Compton Compensated Custom Bridges (for Gretsch 6ers)
  2. If you do a search, you'll find at least one thread regarding the Saga kits.

They sound alright to me. Obviously, you'll get what you put into it. But I say, GO FOR IT!

3. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    I know a guy that built one of their tele kits. It turned out wonderfully, and he sold it for 3 times what he paid for it. You want to be sure you know what you're doing though (even though, IIRC, they are snap-on soders?) as to not mess anything up. For example, I sucked at painting my tele... so I sold the whole kit and quit.

I'd go for it. If anything, you can sell it to someone that is starting out on bass. If you do a good job on it, you could have a wonderful bass with a wonderful history.

EDIT: Wow. Those sure have gone up in price since the last time I saw them.

4. tekhna

tekhna

Nov 7, 2004
    I have heard nothing but good things, but I agree-Last I saw they were like 105 dollars. Ebay maybe?

5. unbridled

unbridled

May 26, 2005
    Montana
    Endorsing Artist-Compton Compensated Custom Bridges (for Gretsch 6ers)
    What's the best type of paint for guitars?

6. Worshiper

Worshiper

Aug 13, 2004
    New York
    I build two of them. The first one came out amazing. The only complaint is that the pickups weren't the best. But what do you expect for the price, I was planning on putting some better ones in. The second one Was not as good. This was mostly because a lot of the holes in the body were predrilled and not exactly in teh right spots. I ended up making my own body for that one, but nonetheless, it came out very good.