1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Has anyone compared the Mesa Powerhouse 1x12 to the Aguilar DB112?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Blueser, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Blueser

Blueser

Aug 8, 2009
    Interested in hearing your thoughts. The amp will be a Thunderfunk 750A when it arrives, and I was thinking about two 1x12's stacked for a portable rig, or just using a single 1x12 for rehearsal/casual jams.

I play primarily blues, classic rock and funk.

Any thoughts on the comparison of these two cabs would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Dave

2. RHCP250

RHCP250

Nov 24, 2008
    Also iterested in hearing how these compare!

3. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    Bump!

4. dmk

dmk

Jan 8, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    Bump again.

5. I've never played the Mesas but love the 2 x DB112 setup. FWIW there are many posts singing the praises of the TF + DB112 combination.

6. I've not played the DB112's but have a Mesa PH2x12 that just kills. I have it paired with a Mesa M6 Carbine. I have A/B'd the PH2x12 with other heads and the Mesa M6 was far and away the best head to pair with the cab. FWIW I've heard from other players that Mesa cabs sound best with Mesa heads. At one time I had a TF750A and paired it with an Accugroove El Whappo. Fantastic rig but more power and weight than I needed at the time. I've heard lots of other good reviews on the TF/Accugroove pairing too so you might also think about the TRI112.