Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Has anyone dealt with Junior on Bassgear.com?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Jerry J, Mar 7, 2004.

1. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    I might be buying something from Junior on Bassgear.com and wanted to check to see if anyone has bought anything from him in the past.

He seems to be a regular on there and I haven't seen any evil listings about him. I just don't feel comfortable sending a money order to Puerto Rico since I'd have no recourse if he burned me.

Thanks!

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I wouldn't either....trust your gut on this one.

-Mike

3. Jerry J

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Thanks guy, I'm going to pass.

I never feel comfortable sending out of the U.S. except for my TB buddies in Canada and Europe or unless I have references. Or if I can use PayPal.

4. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    How much do escrow services cost? Say for the transaction of a $275 item?

BTW, Has anyone dealt with Paul McDaniel on bassgear?

5. lionel

lionel

Sep 3, 2003
    Guadeloupe - FWI
    that's exactly what I 've done last week ! I sent a money order to a Tber for a bass ( I'm geographically based in west indies and the order has gone to US) without having any "external" safety in the deal. But I use to trust in Human honesty (especially with someone you share a passion with !)

Futur will tell me if i were right or if it has been a mistake... :)

(Hi J. :D ;) )

6. Jerry J

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Good luck to you my friend. I hope that it works out well for you. TB'ers are a great group of people. I feel very safe dealing with any of the Talkbass members.

I basically believe that most folks are good people. And a bad reputation goes a long way on the internet.

I've had a few instances where it's taken a bit longer for someone to ship something after they have received my money that have made me nervous. I've also had an incident where I was shipped a high end bass that was supposed to come with the original factory case but the seller shipped with an aftermarket case that I wasn't happy about.

But all in all I've had good transactions. I do feel lucky because I see so many posts about deals gone bad.