Has anyone dealt with Junior on Bassgear.com?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Jerry J, Mar 7, 2004.

1. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    I might be buying something from Junior on Bassgear.com and wanted to check to see if anyone has bought anything from him in the past.

He seems to be a regular on there and I haven't seen any evil listings about him. I just don't feel comfortable sending a money order to Puerto Rico since I'd have no recourse if he burned me.

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I wouldn't either....trust your gut on this one.

3. Jerry J

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Thanks guy, I'm going to pass.

I never feel comfortable sending out of the U.S. except for my TB buddies in Canada and Europe or unless I have references. Or if I can use PayPal.
  4. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    How much do escrow services cost? Say for the transaction of a $275 item?

BTW, Has anyone dealt with Paul McDaniel on bassgear?
  5. lionel

Sep 3, 2003
    Guadeloupe - FWI
    that's exactly what I 've done last week ! I sent a money order to a Tber for a bass ( I'm geographically based in west indies and the order has gone to US) without having any "external" safety in the deal. But I use to trust in Human honesty (especially with someone you share a passion with !)

Futur will tell me if i were right or if it has been a mistake... :)

(Hi J. :D ;) )
  6. Jerry J

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Good luck to you my friend. I hope that it works out well for you. TB'ers are a great group of people. I feel very safe dealing with any of the Talkbass members.

I basically believe that most folks are good people. And a bad reputation goes a long way on the internet.

I've had a few instances where it's taken a bit longer for someone to ship something after they have received my money that have made me nervous. I've also had an incident where I was shipped a high end bass that was supposed to come with the original factory case but the seller shipped with an aftermarket case that I wasn't happy about.

But all in all I've had good transactions. I do feel lucky because I see so many posts about deals gone bad.