Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Has anyone else heard of Richard Cheese or Lounge Against The Machine?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Buck Naked, Jan 28, 2006.

1. Buck Naked

Buck Naked

Jul 24, 2005
    Austin Texas
    Has anyone else heard of Richard Cheese or Lounge Against The Machine? I love that guy. If you haven't heard them, Google it. It's totally worth it.

2. FYI - they do lounge interpretations of songs by Nirvana, Deep Purple, RATM, Metallica etc.

Good fun, but the joke wears thin after a while IMHO.

3. Agreed. When I first heard his rendition of "Down with the sickness" durring that generic zombie movie, I was cracking up, and I decided to download more. It does get old after not too long.

4. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Seen it.

5. Buck Naked

Buck Naked

Jul 24, 2005
    Austin Texas
    Yea. I don't listen to it for the laughs though. I actually like the music. Some songs sound better the swing way.

6. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Did you have to name the thread 'Dick Cheese'? it weirds me out!

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    As a way to mix things up, my old band tried this. I'll agree with Peter on this. After a couple songs, it was boring and lame.

-Mike

8. Buck Naked

Buck Naked

Jul 24, 2005
    Austin Texas
    Yes.

Mission accomplished.

9. It is like Paul Anka's new cd "rock swings." It was good the first few times, but then after 2 weeks i gave it away.

10. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    I first heard Dick Cheese on Mancow's Morning Madhouse, a radio show here in Chicago on Q101.1 almost 2 years ago.

Funny the first 10 times you hear him. :smug:

Aug

11. I totally dig Richard Cheese. I love his versions of some of the songs, not necessarily always for the halariousness of them, but I enjoy the music.

12. Yorkiebassist

Yorkiebassist

Dec 20, 2005
    Yup, heard one of his songs in a music tech class when we were comparing different ways of doing the same song. It was Chop Suey.

13. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    Id like to confess that I clicked on this thread purely beacuse of the title.

14. Kronos

Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    I thought this thread was going to give me some insight into how to take care of my.....umm.....nevermind.

15. Buck Naked

Buck Naked

Jul 24, 2005
    Austin Texas
    Hahahaha. Sorry. But on that note, Gold Bond spray. It does wonders for......that.......or so I've heard.

Good. I knew that title would catch peoples eyes. I just wasn't sure if the mods would go for it.

And I totally agree with you Tyler Hole. That is why I listen to LATM. Not for the laughs or nostalgia. But for how much better most of the songs sound.

16. I wouldn't go as far as to say I listen to them because they are better than the originals, but I listen to them mostly because I just dig how they sound in a jazz/swing setting.

17. Buck Naked

Buck Naked

Jul 24, 2005
    Austin Texas
    Yea. Whatever creams your twinkie dude.

18. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Guilty.

19. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    It's cool to listen to how stuff sounds with a different beat. For the same reason, however, it's best to stay away from all punk covers.

20. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    Odd, one of my supervisor's name is Richard, and I've been calling him "Richard Cheese" for about 8 years!!! :eyebrow: :D