1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Has anyone ever gone to their UPS center to get a package?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by RandomEvent, Feb 29, 2008.

1. RandomEvent

RandomEvent

Nov 10, 2007
    At 9:06 AM, a package I've been waiting for arrived at my local UPS Center. The bad news is that the delivery is scheduled on Monday, 3/3/08. I would go pick it up tomorrow if they let me, but I don't think it works like that. Or can I call them and pay them to do a Saturday delivery?

I'm just wondering if anyone else went through this type of thing and actually ended up getting the package early, rather than endure an agonizing weekend of knowing it's sitting in a warehouse waiting for you.

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I don't think you can just roll up there and say something is there for you. In my case, they called me and said I could come get it.

-Mike

3. RandomEvent

RandomEvent

Nov 10, 2007
    OH NOES!!!

Yeah, I figured you couldn't do that. Damn. Thanks for the quick answer though.

I'm hoping someone will tell me I can call them and pay for a Saturday delivery though.

4. Hawaii Islander

Hawaii Islander Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Rio Rico, AZ
    The Hilo, HI UPS center let me pick up items they recieved as long as I had the tracking number and shipping info.

I think it is FedEx that requires at least one delivery attempt before allowing pickup from their office.

You can always call and ask. That's what I did.

5. RandomEvent

RandomEvent

Nov 10, 2007
    You ever do this on a Saturday? Cause I can't do it today.

6. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    We've called FedEx at work to intercept deliveries before. If we needed them by a certain time, and they weren't sent priority, then we'd have them hold them at the facility, then send someone to go pick it up. I'd think UPS would do the same, as long as you provide tracking info and ID upon pickup. Give 'em a call.

7. I've gone plenty of times to pick stuff up, but only with a claim slip they left. You're unlikely to find a phone # for anything but UPS national.

8. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Ach, the exact same thing happened to me last weekend (and it was a bass). I called UPS and was told that my bass was at a facility outside of town, still in a truck trailer waiting to be sorted and brought to a distribution center in Chicago--and that they wouldn't deliver it on Saturday. It arrived mid-afternoon Monday.:meh: