Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

has anyone ever heard of Nerf Herder?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by evilbrian9, Nov 12, 2002.

1. i went and saw them last night with 1208, authority zero and guttermouth. i lover the nerf, i have been a fan for about 5 years. my friend turned me on to them and i turned one of my friends on to them. i got to get autographs and hang out on the nerfmobile (generic u-haul with cots, freakin hilarious) i had to drive 200 miles each way but it was worth it. my friends and i are the only one who have heard of this band here, i just wanted to know if you guys knew who they were. you can get free music from them at www.mp3.com/nerfherder

2. punkfunkfreak

punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    *runs in wearing lycra with a steak in hand and a blonde wig*

screeeeeech....dananananananananananana *buffy the vampire slayer theme insues*

:D :D :D

3. yeah, it was funny. the crowd was all hardcore and there for authority zero and guttermouth and nerf herder came out and actually had the balls to tell the crowd they did the theme song to buffy the vampire slayer. nerf plays song, crickets ensue, any way..... this next song.....

4. Secksay

Secksay Guest

Sep 6, 2002
    New York, NY
    haha yes, they did the buffy theme song and they had a single on the radio a few years back. hard to not really know of them. :)

5. punkfunkfreak

punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    Lycra chaffs... :(

6. yeah, they were on arista way back and released "van halen" and it was on the radio, then they got dropped and ran back and forth releasing cds on my records and Honest don's records and now back to my records. damn good cds though.

7. Has anyone ever heard their song Doing Laundry? It was on the Short Music for Short People comp. form Fat Wreck Chords. That's gotta be one of the funniest songs ever.

8. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Didn't they also have a song called Pantera Fans In Love?
    They showed this on a VIVA (German competitor to MTV) feature hosted by the Booldhound Gang some time back. I thought it was pretty funny back then, but it's nothing I'd buy, except maybe for a (fictional as of now) girlfriend...

9. "I was thinking of you while I..."

Umm, maybe I'd better not post that on the boards.

10. I'm SO JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i love nerf!
    i want american cheese so bad, but the record stores in my area all suck!
    JEALOUS!
    peace&plaid
    -shoonk

11. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    These guys can live off "Buffy" royalties for the rest of their lives.

12. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    [​IMG]

13. my band used to cover "golfshirt." nerf herder rules.

14. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    One of my bands covered "Vivian" for a little while. That was fun. They're definitely a great band. I'd love to see them.

15. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Nerf Herder's Van Halen is hilarious...

"Is this what you wanted... Sammy Hagar."

16. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I hate to be one of THOSE guys... but doesn't this belong in Misc?

17. Nerf Herder rules..
    I've been a fan since I saw them at the Lowlands festival 3 years ago.
    They were here about a month ago, really good show..

18. it was great, this club was tiny, prolly 60 people on the floor and i was front center yelling at the band requesting songs inbetween songs, i kept yelling for doin laundry and at the end of the set parry goes "can we do one more? its only 30 seconds..." and proceeded. he jumped into the crowd in his cardigan sweater and slacks and moshed with the crowd, i bumped him and then gave him a hug when he went back on stage and he said, "that was for roswell" (my 2 friends and i drove 200 miles each way to see them)

i dont know if it belongs in Misc, i thought it was Off Topic...