Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Has anyone ever heard of...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Rush1988, May 22, 2002.

1. Rush1988

Rush1988 Guest

May 12, 2002
    USA, GA, Atlanta
    A band called The String Cheese Incedent? If you haven't, it's jazz and has some really good bass, you guys should download some of their music.

2. They are from Denver, can't say I like them too much though. They are town favorites like Big Head Todd, the Apples in Stereo or 16 horsepower. They get a bit TOO much recognition. Every ballot for "Best Of Denver" seems to focus on bands who don't need anymore focus. It shuts out chances for better, lesser known bands.

~Ad

3. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    Colorado
    I like them, also heralding from the Denver area as well. I like them much better that Big Head Todd, etc., etc. Although I think the Samples are a much better "local" band that don't get their proper recognition.

4. Oh yeah, don't get me wrong. I love The Samples and most 16 HP as well. But what about The Tarmints? What about The Hellmen? What about The Bedraggled? It tends to be a popularity contest based on "who you know" and not how talented you are. I've seen some really great Colorado bands die because of poor exposure. Remember Twice Wilted? Remember Soul Bender? NoBoDaddy? Mad Dog Trout?
    Trying to get someone from The Westword to go to a show (let alone NOMINATE YOU for anything) is like trying to talk someone into getting all their teeth pulled without novicane. Pinhead Circus is having their last show tomorrow. All of a sudden, after ten years of mediocre coverage, they are all over everything! Day late and a dollar short.
    I've seen full page ads in the Westword for String Cheese Incedent shows! Sombody is performing sexual favors for someone.

~Ad