Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Has anyone ever played this bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ScarletShroud, Apr 28, 2005.

1. ScarletShroud

ScarletShroud

Apr 26, 2005
    Hamer-Velocity 2 Ash

Has anyone played this bass if so could you tell me anything about it. They retail new for 600 but i can get it custom for around 300 new which is a kickass deal. My mother workes for a company that owns a few music companies, alone the lines of LP, Sabian, Ovation, Hamer, Vic Firth, and a few others. well anyway I can get it at cost. I was just wondering if anyone new anything about them or that bass line.

2. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
  3. ScarletShroud

ScarletShroud

Apr 26, 2005
    I think im going to order it and check the return policy hahahaha. I never buy anything I cant test first

4. Snarf

Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    I played 2 Velocity-2's, both bubinga though. One had a pickup switch, the other had a blend knob. The one with the switch was WAY too bright, but the one with the blend knob sounded pretty nice and growly through a Yorkville combo. Almost bought one, but decided it wasn't my thing after I discovered Carvin.

Since the one you're looking at is ash, you can probably expect it to be brighter.