Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Has anyone ever won a giveaway from bassplayer?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by GREGofTEMPLATE, Aug 7, 2003.

1. Has anyone ever won a giveaway from bassplayer?

Just wondering.

2. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    not me. but i won a free bass from sam ash - carlo robelli acoustic electric and it's a rarity. rare in that it's really good!

funny - aside from the above, a friend once bought me a bass and said i could pay him off on time.... my girlfriend a year earlier did the same, my MM came from an unexpcted thousand dollars that i got once.... i was telling a friend all this once, and saying that i wanted still another one, and she said Joe, you know what your problem is????

you're addicted to freebase.

true story - i don't know, i thought it was funny at the time.

3. Sadly enough...I'm too far south to be eligible :bawl:

was there one this month? I don't remember seeing it.

4. The September issue has the new fender aerodyne jazz & bassman 400 pro, but you cant enter til september. why advertise it now?

Of all of the beautiful stuff they've had for "giveaways", I'd just like to know if some lucky dog actually won something.

I say a prayer every night before bed.

"O Lord, let me win some free bass gear".

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I spent three and a half months of my life, entering Bass Player, Guitar Player, EQ, Gig and every other Music Player giveaway, every night, tossing in a few MusiciansFriend.com, SamAsh.com giveaways, and after 1,713 entries, I never won anything.

Who wants to give me a prize for trying? :D

6. I've never won anything, but my guitar player won a Fernandez guitar from their website... and then a year later he won a Gibson LP Junior from a local TV station. Altogether, he's probably won $1200 worth of stuff... his luck disgusts me :( .

7. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    since this isn't about a specific bass, i'll move it on over to miscellaneous.

8. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Not only that, the thread title sucks.

Lemme fix that for the benefit of other TBers.

9. snailplow

snailplow Leon Phelps Wanna Be

I've won one of Bass Player's giveaways.If you look in the back issue that has Roscoe Beck and Tommy Shannon on it,you'll see that Alembic contributed the gear the month that I won.
    You can also see a winner's write up with the other winners and I,in the "Great Rythym Sections"issue,that has James Jamerson and his drummer on the front.
    I was in the Army then,and was stationed at Ft.Hood,Texas(Killeen),when I got a letter from a BP associate (Greg Olwell) stating that I needed to contact him asap.
    I thought,"Great.Someone's messed up my subscription,and they need to get info from me to get it sorted out." I'm glad I was wrong.
    When Greg told me that I was the grand prize winner of $7500 worth of Alembic gear,I tried to maintain my cool as long as possible while I was on the phone with him.
    When I hung up,I was bouncing off the wall with excitement,and called everyone I knew to tell them the good news.
    The funny thing is that I ended up selling all that gear in order to fund purchasing a complete Eden rig,and other "tools".I'm just an Eden fanatic.

10. pigpen02

pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    a buddy of mine in high school won the fender 40th anniv. bass, and wanted to sell it to me for a $1000. it was serial #3.

i didn't buy it. :(

11. kris pung

kris pung

Jul 25, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Funny you should mention winning a bass from BP. Two weeks ago I recieved the exotic Warwick Buzzard, I had to wait almost three months talk about some serious jonesing. It looks and sounds amazing I should get some digital pics and post them.:bassist: