1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Has anyone had someone tattoo there band name?

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by A-Step-Towards, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Some fan just got my bands symbol in a tat , i was rather shocked , i dont recommend band tats.

Has this occured to you? Maybe i just know "unique" people.

2. No, but once these three girls came to a gig with three silk jackets with our band logo embroidered on the back and asked us to autograph them with Sharpies.

That was surreal.

3. Thats pretty badass , maybe because it was girls not a guy haha

4. kgreen86

kgreen86

Jan 12, 2011
    Edmonton
    A fan of my band told us about a month ago that he was planning on getting our symbol tattooed onto his shoulder. He's definitely one of the more involved fans we have and he hardly ever misses a show, but we were still shocked to hear that he was getting a tattoo! He's not a friend or family member of the band, simply someone who discovered us and has since become "our biggest fan" as he says.

The kicker is when he told us this we were right in the midst of redesigning our image and logo to accompany our next upcoming album, so we told him that we were flattered, but maybe he should hold off until we get our new logo designed =P

Jump ahead to present day; we have developed our new logo and shown it to him, he loves it! Now he is getting the updated logo tattooed on his shoulder next week. We've seen the preliminary artwork from the tattoo artist and it's going to look really sweet.

Bonus Kicker! He's still planning on getting the original tattoo design of our older logo on his other shoulder... to show that he was a fan of us "back in the day" when we had our old image....

I dunno... sounds crazy to me we're excited for him none the less. Definitely solidifies him as number one (?crazy?) fan in my books anyway

5. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis
    My two band mates and I are getting our logo tattooed on us.

6. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    I've got a friend that got a tattoo of a local band on his right for arm. Before I knew him, I saw him at every show I went to, he was a hardcore fan.

7. BogeyBass

BogeyBass

Sep 14, 2010
    Probably shows the person is looking for acceptance, and wanting to feel a part of something.
    also if they are a none musician type, might adore musicians more since they cannot play, or for some reason feel they cant and wish they could

classic human condition that promotes people to do all kinds of "weird" things. some constructive, some destructive.
    both trying to reach the same place.

I would never suggest or let a fan tattoo a logo,name etc.

but i would take advantage of them, mainly these types are prime candidates for carrying equipment at shows, or becoming a part of a "street team" for helping with promotion.

which i feel is a more constructive method for letting them feel a part of something.

8. That should be the cover to your bands new CD. A shot of the tattoo on his shoulder.

9. No. Never.

10. pklima

pklima Commercial User

May 2, 2003
    Kraków, Polska
    Karoryfer Samples
  11. Jon Moody

Jon Moody Commercial User

Sep 9, 2007
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Manager of Digital Brand Development and Product Development at GHS Strings
    I've thought about getting the logo of my old band as a tattoo, more as an homage to a five year period of time that I did enjoy overall. Haven't done it yet.

12. lowendgenerator

lowendgenerator

Mar 26, 2006
    CHI/NWI
    I got the mascot from one of my old bands tattoo'd on me...TWICE!

[​IMG]

13. Mooch

Mooch

Jan 1, 2009
    MN
    I have my last bands logo tattooed on my arm. Yes we broke up, but it was a big part of my life and don't have a single regret about it. I get tattoo's that symbolize important parts of my life. Its kind of like a story and a reminder of what you have done and can help as driving force for some.

I plan on getting my current bands logo tattooed at some point when I have the cash. Has to be better than a "tribal" or barb-wire tattoo of any kind lol. At least they have meaning.

14. niels125

niels125

Aug 11, 2011
    was thinking the same :)

15. kgreen86

kgreen86

Jan 12, 2011
    Edmonton
    We've talked about that and have it on the table with our other ideas. Album cover or not, we're making a big deal out of it and will be promoting the crap out of it. Maybe people will think "hey, if this guy likes them enough to get a couple tattoos, maybe we should go to their show on Saturday after all" :p

I'll throw some pics up on here once we get them to share with you all

16. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    As far as I personally know, there are 3 people that hang out with our band that have my band logo tattoo'd on them. I am still considering it, but I have only been with the band for 13 years.

17. skidrawk

skidrawk

Jan 21, 2007
    Space City, TX
    I don't have a count but there are many people walking around with a red X that symbolizes my 80's-90's era speed metal band.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. mcblahflooper94

mcblahflooper94

Aug 31, 2011
    That's a Foo CD!! XD

19. Lee H

Lee H

Nov 30, 2011
    Redding CA
    One of my friends wants to get a tat including the name of a band we hung out with in the early 90s. The band is long gone, but my friend says that the period of time we were all hanging out and partying, was a crucial turning point in his life

Now he is married , with mostly grown kids, so maybe there was a good turn in there somewhere

20. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville

That's sharpie shown in all those photo's. Not a tattoo though.