Has anyone heard any Echobrain material yet?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by odie, Mar 18, 2002.

1. odie

odie Supporting Member

Well whats it like?? Im not a big supporter of MP'3's unless it it hard to find out of print stuff etc.

Just curious about what its like??
  2. I heard one of their songs on a recent free CD with Kerrang! magazine. Surprisingly not heavy, considering he was supposed to be the one who objected most to Metallica playing alt. rock. It was a really cool pop-rock song though, I might have to check out their album.
  3. odie

odie Supporting Member

My cable provider at home is crapped out for awhile and my PC at work doesnt have speakers. DARN DARN DARN well I'll just have to wait!!

What was the bass like?
  4. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    :eek:SHOCK HORROR:eek:
    you can hear the bass! That is one of the reasons why Jason left metallica, but lets not get started on that. ;) It is a pleasant version of rock, not too heavy, but not too poppy. (Im listening to "colder World") It sounds like it should be in the top 40 or something. They sound very familiar, but i cant put a finger on who they sound like.

All in all I think it isnt that bad! :D
  5. freddylang

Dec 24, 2000
    Columbus, OH.
    I just got the echobrain cd and on one listen I'm pretty disapointed. I'll give it a few more chances but it's a little too pop for me. Kind of like watered down King's X or something. I don't know.

On the other hand, I bought Moonspell-Darkness and Hope the same day and it is unbelievable. Great Basswork on this one. It has dominated my cd player for a week.

Century Media Rules!!!
  6. PolkaHero

Jan 5, 2002
    They just showed their first video on the Rock Show on VH-1 this weekend(which Newsted hosted). Quite the departure from Metallica I'll have to say!
  7. It's pretty good. I have a copy. The engineering was done well. Kinda loud guitar pop is what I would call it. Just don't have any preconcieved notions. It's nothing like Metallica.
  8. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
  9. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Yeah, i saw the video just the other day.... guess it's alright. I'm not hopping up and down about it though.
  10. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc

moonspell came out with a new one? i'll have to check that one out....i was pretty disappointed with the last one. wolfheart and irreligious were great, though.

sorry...back to the topic at hand :D
  11. I love the single, whatever it is. I dont like Metallica, but this Echobrain stuff is great. GO NEWSTEAD!!!

12. Echobrain is poop. It sounds kinda grunge rock... but... not good. I don't know, I've only heard a couple songs, but it doesn't sound like my cup o' gravy.
  13. Listen

May 19, 2002
    :rolleyes: theyre ok, I got to see them in concert, I got free tickets from a friend