1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Has anyone heard ANYTHING from Mark (Earthbound Audio) since April 27???

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Eric!, May 5, 2010.

1. Eric!

Eric! Commercial User

Jan 22, 2009
    America's High-Five
    Mojo Hand FX
    I know I read he's a bit iffy about replying to emails, but it's been a week with no word from him and he was reapplying the decal on my Supercollider. I was told it'd be in the mail last Thursday, and yet no sign of it. I'm kinda worried...

2. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    Don't worry, you'll probably get it eventually. He can take a couple of weeks to answer emails though!

3. Nerotic

Nerotic Guest

Sep 17, 2008
    You'll get your pedal - don't sweat it. Replying to e-mails isn't Marks greatest strenght and you said it yourself that you're somewhat impatient. Try sending him another email and see what happens.

4. bovine mind

bovine mind

Jun 17, 2008
    San Francisco
    It took about three weeks for my V2 Supercollider to arrive a month ago. He's probably just backed up.

5. CliffD

CliffD

Jan 27, 2008
    San Diego/Seattle
    When I ordered my SC Beast I it was months late and I never got a reply, it just showed up. Yeah I'm gettin a robot factory white russian to replace it!

6. RFord04

RFord04

Apr 8, 2009
    Flint, Michigan
    Customer service is extremely important in this age of technology. Instead of 1 person telling 10 people, who tell 5 others, all it takes is 1 person to tell hudreds, thousands, or even millions. Ouch.

His pedals must be pretty great to overcome this.

7. Mitchthebassplayer

Mitchthebassplayer

Jan 7, 2008
    Queens, NY
    Endorsing Artist: Olinto, La Bella, JuleAmps, Epifani
    yeah....I had never heard of Earthbound Audio until about 2 months ago and I went for it and dropped the dough on the beast. After about a month, I emailed Mark and heard back within a week. He said mine was one of the last ones of this batch and that they were going out mid next week....that was almost a month ago....but I'm being VERY patient

8. faceinbass

faceinbass

Apr 20, 2008
    KCMO
    considering this is a muff clone... with some more control and value tweaks... dude should be all about the communication imo.

9. Eric!

Eric! Commercial User

Jan 22, 2009
    America's High-Five
    Mojo Hand FX
  10. Mitchthebassplayer

Mitchthebassplayer

Jan 7, 2008
    Queens, NY
    Endorsing Artist: Olinto, La Bella, JuleAmps, Epifani
    just got an email from Mark and a tracking number! He says I should have the beast by Saturday!!!!

11. jdfarrell81

jdfarrell81 Supporting Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Baltimore, MD
    I had a similar experience. My Supercollider V2 just appeared out of the blue one day. Mark is a great guy though. Super talented.

For what it's worth, I've found that I prefer my Muffs to the Supercollider, so if any of you want my brand new Supercollider, let me know.

12. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    Does the V2 include the updated paintjob? There was the Green and Black Mids Switch SC (V1), then the Green and Black Mids Knob (V2). AFAIK the Orange and Black ones are the same circuit but just a better paint job.

13. jdfarrell81

jdfarrell81 Supporting Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Baltimore, MD
    The V2 has the updated paint job w/ the mid knob. They came in Black/Orange and Black/Green. I opted for the green. It seemed less....Halloween-y.

14. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    Let me be a little more thorough.

V1
    [​IMG]

V2
    l_e9a1877d10814610a8d9eab8b1aca53d.

V2.1?
    SCv3ex.

SCv3exBlack.

I guess I'm asking if a new paint job warrants a new version or just a revision.

15. Mark kicked major booties for me in January. After receiving my Supercollider and comping it to my Civil War Muff I decided I wanted more low end. I shipped it back to him, he made some mods, even changing the knob style, all for no charge.

It always took him a couple of days to respond to e-mails, but he got the job done in spades.