Dismiss Notice

Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, get alerts, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Has anyone heard of Bass Zone Formula Lessons?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by scottie65, Jan 25, 2014.

1. scottie65

scottie65

Jul 31, 2013
    Colorado
    I was just wondering if anyone had heard of this lesson or have tried it. The instructor that set it up is Dewayne Pate. It is a combination of 6 DVDs with everything from techniques and tricks he has learned over the years. From rock, blues, Texas swing, funk, and jazz. Does anyone know anything about this instructor or his program? Thanks for any info.

2. GastonD

GastonD

Nov 18, 2013
    Belgrade, Serbia
    The author is obviously capable player, but the whole marketing approach he is using on this one has the opposite effect on me. I don't think I'll be taking those until a few strong recommendation from independent parties/customers.

3. Register_To_Disable

4. scottie65

scottie65

Jul 31, 2013
    Colorado
    It had the same effect on me.

5. R&B

R&B Both kinds of music: Rhythm AND Blues! Supporting Member

Re-activating this thread to see if anyone has tried this DVD series. The online marketing (via another bass-related site) is pretty splashy. What's the deal? Worth $77 for the set?

6. Gyula Soos

Gyula Soos

Jan 9, 2016
    Judging from the very little available information it is a little suspect. Most players would put on at least a small clip on YouTube (well, there is a clip, but it is from his tapping lesson and the other is an intro to bass with a 6 string). The pricing is also odd: first page says $77 for 6 discs, the next page it jumps to $127 and 12 discs (my math must be off...)

7. GastonD

GastonD

Nov 18, 2013
    Belgrade, Serbia
    I agree it is confusing, thus not very enticing, although it did get me a little intrigued at first.