Has anyone heard of Lightning Bolt?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by cobra_lucha, Jul 19, 2005.

1. cobra_lucha

Jul 18, 2005
    This band or I should say the Bassist inspired me so much, hes the reason why I picked up the bass in the first place...

check out the songs
  2. First heard about them here.

I like them.

3. I saw them on Saturday

With Bryan Bailey.

I think he's met the bass player.

So yes. I have heard of them...
  4. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I saw them a while back with my buddies Torche (www.torche.tk) they were friken awesome. I picked up two of their albums that night.

They have to been seen live to really be appreciated, but they are awesome any way you think about it.
  5. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I have one of their albums and like it a lot, but it does make me think "wow, I've gotta see them live".

Speaking of bass/drums duos, I also dig Ruins (no pun intended).
  6. I saw them live saturday.

I talked to the drummer for a bit. I gave him a shirt to draw on, and that he did.

They're playing the east coast this week, so it may be worth checking out.
  7. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    You really do.

What album do you have? I have "Ride the Skies" and "Wonderful Rainbow" and neither comes close to being as good as the live show.

Oh, and for those of you who havent seen them live, they are louder than god. I think the bassist uses 2-4x10, and 2-1x15 cabs and close to 4000 watts.

8. The important thing to note here is that The frequencys of a bass guitar can't really hurt your hearing

In a nutshell-because he's playing bass, it's a GOOD loud. Not the "6 OCTAVES ABOVE MIDDLE C!!" ear piercing loud.
  9. I saw them last autumn in a very little place. Wasn't even a club. They were amazing.
  10. i just watched the vids, and they look like a fun band...maybe they'll come to wisconsin...

11. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Yeah, its like a great wall of sound beating the crap out of you.

I saw them at a local bar that my band plays at all the time called Churchills. Ive never seen the place so packed.
  12. I guess I'm in the minority but I find them kinda unlistenable. Interesting, but unlistenable.
  13. slick519

Aug 11, 2001
    Salem, Or
    I really enjoy going to their crazy shows. There is an awesome band called "the mean reds" I went to their show a while ago in eugene. The entire band dressed up in wrestling singlets. a lot of loud, crazy fun.

I don't know WHERE this kind of music came from... but it is really entertaining. Kind of a milder type of music like this that i like is a band called death from above 1979.

well, i must get going to bed.

14. Syeknom

Oct 17, 2004
    Leuven, Belgium
    Lightning Bolt are ace =)