Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Has anyone heard of Mark White?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Haelix, Dec 7, 2000.

1. Haelix

Haelix

Dec 7, 2000
    Hey, I'm new here, and this looks like a great bass forum.

I just wondered if anyone has heard of the bassist Mark White?

The most notable band he played for (don't laugh) is the Spin Doctors. However he left them a while ago...

Anyway, I'll try and grab a geocities site, and post a link to a live version of "Refrigerator Car", that features a good solo by him...
    >> I got it, but I'm not sure what's up with the download...
    http://www.geocities.com/haelix42/

Any info anyone can give me on him would be appreciated.

[Edited by Haelix on 12-07-2000 at 06:40 PM]

2. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Sure, I've heard of him. I didn't know the Spin Doctors were something to laugh at.

3. Haelix

Haelix

Dec 7, 2000
    Thanks for replying. DO you know of any more info on him? I haven't had much luck on the net.

Well, I think that most people think the Spin Doctors were just a pop fad band. That's why I said "don't laugh". That and I've never met anyone that enjoyed their music.

4. backtoschool

backtoschool

Oct 24, 2000
    I think he lives in that large community located off the end of the earth :)

5. JazznFunk

JazznFunk Supporting Member

Mar 26, 2000
    Asheville, NC
    Lakland Basses Artist
    The Spin Doctors rock. I still listen to their stuff pretty often. Schenkman was an incredible guitarist, and Mark White has some GROOVE. Most people never got past their commerical stuff which, IMHO, was great as well. A listen to the live "Homebelly Groove" CD and even the second studio effort, "Turn it Upside Down" shows how tight and incredibly funky they are. Too bad they slipped out of touch with the music world at large after '94 or so. :-/

Check 'em out.... they kick ass.

6. Haelix

Haelix

Dec 7, 2000
    Yeah, That song above is from HomeBelly Groove, I read tha Mark White left the band because he was pissed of with Aaron and Chris. But their early stuff was good.
    I don't think that their latest stuff is as good. Plus I've seen "Here comes the Bride" in the bargain bin in most used CD stores. :)

7. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    (Homer Simpson voice) "Heeey...whatever happened to those guys?"

IMO, Aaron Comess was (is?) one of the best drummers in the jam rock genre. The others in the band were competent, but fungible.