has anyone heard of this amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by vision, Mar 5, 2005.

1. vision

vision It's all about the groove!

Feb 25, 2005
    Ann Arbor, MI
  2. vision

Feb 25, 2005
    Ann Arbor, MI
    they have a 1500 watt power amp for $179...
  3. R Briere

R Briere Bass-ically Yours

Let me begin by saying that I've never heard of them and know nothing about them. Let me continue by saying something that I DO know about.

Click your heels together three times and repeat after me:

"There's NO free lunch--I'll get what I pay for"

"There's NO free lunch--I'll get what I pay for."

Hold on to your wallet and repeat the above message as often as you need to. :^>)
  4. PlayTheBass

PlayTheBass aka Mac Daddy

Dec 7, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    That's 3,000W *peak*, and who knows how they calculated that. If their ratings are to be trusted, it's really a 550W amp, bridged mono, into 4 ohms.

I'm a firm believer that you get what you pay for, so I'd recommended saving your money to get a well-known, proven amp (preferably used). A couple hundred more will get you a lot more.

"No free lunch" - AMEN!
  5. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

misleading for sure
  6. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    it should make an excellent, (if somewhat heavy), paperweight.
  7. vision

Feb 25, 2005
    Ann Arbor, MI
    lol...yeah you're probably right...
  8. I realize that I'm bringing this back from the dead, but I'm looking at this right now to pair with my bbe preamp that I just bought. The specs look good. 300 watts per side in 8 ohms is plenty for my Goliath Jr. 3 (8 ohm) and my Son of Bertha (8 ohm). Plus it is stable in 2 ohms if I add another 2x10 down the road. It's guaranteed from the ebay seller for 2 years, has anybody had any experience with their warranty or this seller?
  9. Funkengrooven

Funkengrooven Turn it down? You gotta be nuts!!

if all the gearheads on this forum have no knowlege of this piece and you buy it you probably deserve what you get.
    There is something like 50,000 years total experience on this forum and you should listen to them. All 50,000

quote from Robert Hienlein

"There's no such thing as a free lunch."

There are LOTS of real good amps out there that can be had for a reasonable price no sense gambling with your money unless you are in Vegas.
  10. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

all i see is " Item removed by Ebay . No longer available "...
  11. jgsbass

May 28, 2003
    Floral Park, NY
    Let me add my 40 years to the 50,000 year mix here. You always get what you pay for new. If its cheap to start, its probably not going to get much better. Its probably another Pacific Rim machine made job thats aimed at DJs who know nothing except "3,000 watts is a lot". I'm also suspicious of the seller being the provider on the warantee, not the manufacturer. Look for a brand you can get info on.