has anyone heard the geddy lee CD

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by gruffpuppy, Nov 9, 2000.

1. allmusic.com gave it a ok
    and bassplayers review seemed mixed
  2. hey thanks, what has he been hanging out with les claypool
    sounds like rush in the verses and primus in the choruses
  3. ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    It's very strange to hear Geddy Lee without Rush. Overall, I think he did a good job. I like it!

4. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    ARGGGGG! Newbury Comics is not getting it untill the 14th, Oh uh That's tomorow...Cool!
  5. newbury comics i read that and said to myself must be from MA then i read you profile and saw that you lived in wormtown, no offense, i am in framingham which i think gets second place for lack of culture in MA
  6. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Glad to meetcha gruffpuppy there's a few of us Massaholics lurking around here. Oh you are right about Framingham I have been working at Bose for the last 18 yrs so I'm kinda a reesident in your town so I get the best of both culturless worlds. Let me know if you are playing in the area I'll try to get out to see ya!!
    My band is playing the Platation club in Wormtown on Friday night if your in town swing on by I Believe Zoomboy will be there also.

[Edited by Funkster on 11-14-2000 at 07:26 AM]
  7. i bookmarked your page next time i get a second i'll come and see ya
  8. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Got the Geddy yesterday it's been in my deck ever since. I think it's a great disc but you might want to hear it yourselves The only thing Rush sounding is his voice. Solid grooves & real hooky the first three songs that open the album are killer and man he's way up front with that awesome jazz bass tone.
    Pick it up!!!!!!
  9. well i picked up the geddy lee cd today, its pretty good, as has been said its kind of weird hearing geddy singing with out the rest of the boys, it has a good amount of great bass on it, like the alex lifeson cd that came out before this if no one told you who it was your first guess would be rush, again that is not a bad thing its acually kind of refreshing that a band that has been together so long has become one unit, solo projects or not
  10. It rocks. Geddy rocks...period.
  11. Check out the website too, http://www.myfavoriteheadache.com
    Very cool site, under "Multimedia" they have a 12-minute video press kit with an interview and lots of studio footage.