1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Has anyone here played one of these??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fourstringbliss, Jun 25, 2007.

1. fourstringbliss

fourstringbliss Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    Anybody here played one of these??

SX SJB-75 LTD 3TS

sjb75ltd3ts5.jpg
    sjb75ltd3ts1.jpg sjb75ltd3ts4.jpg

They're claiming that the bridge, pickups, and tuners are better and that the frets are hand filed. Are they? Is there a sizeable improvement over the unchanged SX SJB-75's? I know that these are usually the parts that people change on these basses - did they do the trick for us?

2. Scott in Dallas

Scott in Dallas Commercial User

Aug 16, 2005
    Dallas, north Texas
    Builder and Owner: DJ Ash Guitars
    I believe there are some reviews in the megathred. I'd subscribe to that one.

3. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

Since they're brand new, I don't think anyone who has them has had much time to play them and form solid opinions yet. But the improvements SX has made are the mods that generally get done to these basses, so it can only be an improvement over the older version. The new bridge alone will go a long way to making the bass play and sound better.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021