Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

has anyone notided the PREMIUM on Fender Lyte Deluxes on Ebay

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by twiz, Sep 1, 2003.

1. twiz

twiz

Jun 4, 2003
    Los Angeles
    it's really amazing. i've had two of these basses for quite a while now and in so many ways for straight jazz they beat my sadowsky. Through a nice polytone combo they have the warmest most beautiful tone i've come across. Add to that the fact that they have near or under 7 pounds of total weight and you have one of the best darn basses ever made...

it absolutely AMAZES me that Fender doesn't wake up and start making these again instead of those mediocre Zone basses.

2. I like Fender products...but they are idiots...when they have something good they always discontinue it. (fretless p basses, steve harris sig, half the finnishes in their catologue(all the good ones too :rolleyes: )

But thats the way they just work...you find something nice or that you want...it wont take them long to get rid of it. Ive got pretty used to it by now lol :p

3. I almost bought one of these basses. It played pretty well and I would have got an amazing deal on it. I believe they made these in Japan, and actually it felt more like an Ibanez then a Fender. It was a lot like a soundgear. Oh well, they could start making these again and try to capture some of this purchasing crowd.

4. twiz

twiz

Jun 4, 2003
    Los Angeles
    i sure hope so, i get the BEST tone from mine. it's a solid carved mahog body with one of the best neck profiles i've ever played. i've spent countless hours in guitar centers trying to replicate this. finally i bought a sadowsky sight unseen to try to replicate (or improve upon) this crazy little cheap bass and i found that although the sad was different, it never quite felt better...ahh well....some people love Kia cars i suppose too! hehe

5. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    Yesterday my friend pulled out his new bass that he picked up for $50 bucks from another friend, It's a Fender Lyte Deluxe, and I was going to come on here and get some info on it anyway,and then I saw this thread. What do these bass' go for? How rare are they. It has a flammed maple top and gold hardware, to me it was one of the best fenders I've ever played, and the tone was great, he has some Dimarzio pickups to throw in it and was wondering if he should put them in or if it would hurt the possible vaule of the bass, its in prestine condition, and hes unsure what year it is? If anyone can help and tell us more about this bass, we would be greatly appreciative.
    thanks
    peace
    -Ben