1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Has anyone played a Schechter Diamond Series AB-1?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kidd_Twist, Dec 23, 2000.

1. Kidd_Twist

Kidd_Twist

Nov 25, 2000
    Has anyone played a Schechter Diamond Series AB-1? Just looking for opinions.

2. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    I have the AB-1 plus....the neckthru model. It is one of the best basses I have played and have been surprised that more people don't check them out. But then, the shape is not for everyone...:)
    The things I like about it are....the look, balance when playing....GREAT neck, almost plays itself...:)
    The electronics are excellent. I can get just about ANY sound I want out of this bass. No matter what other bass I pick up...I always come back to this one.
    If you like the shape....then you will NOT be disappointed with the AB-1.
    Feel free to email me with any questions.

3. cool you beat me to it, i was just about to tell kidd_twist that a guy named deynn posted a pic of one a while back. glad to hear its such a nice bass, i love the looks of it myself, i also have been thinking about picking one of these up in the future, glad to hear it plays as good as it looks
    :)

4. Kidd_Twist

Kidd_Twist

Nov 25, 2000
    Thanks for the info guys. Now all I have to do is find one so I can buy it.

5. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    Are you looking for the bolt-on...or neckthru model?

6. Kidd_Twist

Kidd_Twist

Nov 25, 2000
    Which is better?

7. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    I haven't played the bolt-on.....but sure do like my neckthru model...:)
    There are some other differences in the hardware and such.
    I suppose it depends on... if the extra cost is worth it to you. I think it is though....:)

[​IMG]