Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Has anyone played a Schechter Diamond Series AB-1?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kidd_Twist, Dec 23, 2000.

1. Kidd_Twist

Kidd_Twist

Nov 25, 2000
    Has anyone played a Schechter Diamond Series AB-1? Just looking for opinions.

2. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    I have the AB-1 plus....the neckthru model. It is one of the best basses I have played and have been surprised that more people don't check them out. But then, the shape is not for everyone...:)
    The things I like about it are....the look, balance when playing....GREAT neck, almost plays itself...:)
    The electronics are excellent. I can get just about ANY sound I want out of this bass. No matter what other bass I pick up...I always come back to this one.
    If you like the shape....then you will NOT be disappointed with the AB-1.
    Feel free to email me with any questions.

3. cool you beat me to it, i was just about to tell kidd_twist that a guy named deynn posted a pic of one a while back. glad to hear its such a nice bass, i love the looks of it myself, i also have been thinking about picking one of these up in the future, glad to hear it plays as good as it looks
    :)

4. Kidd_Twist

Kidd_Twist

Nov 25, 2000
    Thanks for the info guys. Now all I have to do is find one so I can buy it.

5. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    Are you looking for the bolt-on...or neckthru model?

6. Kidd_Twist

Kidd_Twist

Nov 25, 2000
  7. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    I haven't played the bolt-on.....but sure do like my neckthru model...:)
    There are some other differences in the hardware and such.
    I suppose it depends on... if the extra cost is worth it to you. I think it is though....:)

[​IMG]