1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Has anyone played the new Peavey Milestone Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jessicabass, Jun 9, 2014.

1. jessicabass

jessicabass

Dec 22, 2009
    ohio
  2. It didn't do much for me. I think it was average for the price range.

Pups: Fine. I felt the P pickup was of higher quality than the J one, but I only played with it for a few mintues.

Neck: Tapers like a jazz neck. I think it was similar to a jazz neck, but it's not like I measured it.

Weight: I think it was normal.

Overall, I'd say it's comparable to a Squier.

3. Maxdusty

Maxdusty

Mar 9, 2012
    Michigan USA
    lol... hard to find a video of this bass being played with a pick.. here's one though.

4. eldoryder

eldoryder I just LOVE me some Vintage Peaveys! Supporting Member

Jun 27, 2011
    Nacogdoches, TX
    Jeez! From that clip it sounded pretty good for a $169.95 bass. Kinda like an SX, but maybe without the need for a new set of strings or pickups. Plus you get a matching color headstock. As usual, Peavey delivers value for the dollar. If that's your budget, I'd say get one!

5. Maxdusty

Maxdusty

Mar 9, 2012
    Michigan USA
    You should see the Milestone with the Jazz pickups - not using a pick, but should give you an idea about these Peavey basses. Hmm... might have to pick one up myself. Looking for a jazz style bass. :)

Lumdingo likes this.
  6. I've the old Milestone III. Light weight, lovely slim neck, absolute joy to play.

At only $165 for one of these new how can it be a bad idea. Asking price in
    UK is about $270 at current exchange rate.

Thanks for the videos Max

7. Low Class

Low Class Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2005
    Gasaholic
    I had just found one of these basses a couple of weeks ago on eBay after looking for some time. Dang UPS broke the headstock on it during shipment. I was pis$#!

8. Oh man Low Class that's bad news.

9. bebass

bebass Sho Me Music Commercial User

Sep 3, 2006
    Bolivar, Missouri
    ShoMeMusic.com; Authorized dealer for Bergantino, Dingwall, Darkglass, Genzler, Phil Jones Bass, Quilter, Blackstar, Cort, Traynor, and other
    You can find the Peavey Millennium AC for a bit over $200. I would suggest you look at that one. I got one for a "porch bass" but quickly decided it would go to the next gig with me - like it a lot.