1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Has anyone played The Viper Room?

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by tzadik, Oct 5, 2006.

1. tzadik

tzadik

Jan 6, 2005
    Maine
    Has anyone here played at the Viper Room in Hollywood? Or do you know anyone you can put me in touch with? Just have a few questions.

Thanks,

tzadik

2. tzadik

tzadik

Jan 6, 2005
    Maine
    bump.... Or does anyone KNOW anyone who has played there?

3. naja

naja

Oct 14, 2005
    East TN
    I used to house a couple of african bush vipers (atheris squam.) in my practice room. That counts right???

:bag:

Dave

4. tzadik

tzadik

Jan 6, 2005
    Maine
    Why, you little........ ! :D

Surely someone here knows someone who's played at this place, they have like 5 bands every night!!

5. tzadik

tzadik

Jan 6, 2005
    Maine
    soo....No one knows anyone?? thumpthump

6. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    What's the Viper Room?

7. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    The Viper Room is where River Phoenix died. Owned by Johnny Depp.

8. LeftyJack

LeftyJack

Feb 23, 2006
    San Carlos, CA
    I haven't played the Viper but I did see Eric Burdon and the Animals play there last May. It is a tiny venue on the Sunset Strip, I think that it has more mystique than mojo. The stage door literally opens up on the sidewalk onto the Sunset Strip....it's that small. But a great place for the audience!

9. mattq

mattq

May 23, 2006
    Santa Cruz, CA
    yeah it's way tiny. if you don't look for it while driving down sunset, it's very easy to miss. a big enough amp could blow the doors off the place, but the sound is supposed to be pretty good

10. mindflow

mindflow

Oct 31, 2004
    johnny depp owns it? i havent played there yet but know people who have, what is the question?

11. EunosFD

EunosFD

Jun 7, 2006
    MD
    Several years ago an old friend of mine said his sister was working at The Viper Room either booking acts or doing something in regards to it. He's definitely not the type to make up some bs story either so I don't necessarily doubt him, but I didn't get all of the details either. I haven't heard from him or his sister in quite some time otherwise I'd get some more info. She was pretty hot though. :)

12. tzadik

tzadik

Jan 6, 2005
    Maine
    She was hot? Oh how helpful.

Well, my question is basically, can you open for us. I am looking for an opening act for a show next spring. It must be a band that has already played there, and it needs to mesh with a pop-punk/alternative sound. I'll just keep looking...

13. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    A singer we auditioned has played there. She's hot, young, and attracts a lot of attention. Unfortunately, she wasn't the right fit for our band.

http://www.myspace.com/aleciademner

14. Yes, talk to my pal Johnny who manages the bar there. He is a bass player in a project called, "Palo Alto". He won't remember me but he surely remember serving up thimble-sized shots of Peppermint Schnapps to Mr. Anderson.

He bought us shots all night, but only because I hang with both midgets and equally psychotic bassists who work for Suzanne Vega:
    http://www.jayterrien.com/images/Mi...- don'trunoverthecrippledgermanmidget.com.AVI

http://www.jayterrien.com/images/Mike Visceglia Rules/Gangsta Rappahs WORD.JPG

And that's how we hang at Viper Room. 20 minutes later, I was watching Ron Jeremy engulf a large cheese pizza at 2 AM at The Rainbow Room. Lemmy had already left for the night.

There! ;)

Jay "Bates College" Terrien

15. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I've played there. It was about 6 years ago.

16. tzadik

tzadik

Jan 6, 2005
    Maine
    Ahhh.....now we're getting somewhere.... Thank you very much for the info..

17. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    [​IMG]

18. Earwigger

Earwigger I'm a Roland man now.

Aug 23, 2005
    Cleveland, Ohio
    You know, I distinctly remember hearing about and liking Palo Alto a few years ago, but I've forgotten about them since. Interesting!

19. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Yeah we've played there. They have an pretty good backline, so just bring your bass and whatever effects you have. The place is small, so if you bring a small crowd it fills quickly. There are a couple of booking/promoter companies that are working certain nights there. We booked through one of them. It was a blast. We had a good show and had over 100 people show up on a party bus. A piece of advice. Don't play it if you don't think you can meet the minimum required head count.

20. Yeah, a long time ago. OK backline. Minimum head count...hmm. Sounds like the Strip hasn't changed much.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 20, 2021