Has anyone played these ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by maestro7879, May 7, 2004.

1. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Never heard of them... :meh:

Definitely a Cirrus clone, though...
  2. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    I worry about auctions that throw in all kinds of brand names in the title, then it turns out to be a brand no one's ever heard of. Makes me think less of the seller.

That's not to say this is a good instrument or not, but you'd almost think it wasn't a musician selling it, know what I mean?
  3. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    Check out his two other auctions. Same MO, and one is for a Wishbass! :eek:
  4. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Ick, dude. Ick.

I'm in agreement with Willplay4food; that's just not cool to put names like that in there just to get people to bid for something they've never heard of. Lame. Especially when it looks like a cheap Cirrus knockoff.
  5. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Might be a product from the new Vietnam factory, where Peavey produces their latest inexpensive yet carved Grinds.. Looks somehow similar.
  6. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    I think you may be right on that one. Compare the headstocks, bodies and carving on the back where the neck meets the body.

Not quite as offset in shape as the Grind, but mighty close.
  7. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    They put "Zon Elrick Fender" in the title so when people search for Zon, Elrick, or Fender, this ad pops up.
  8. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Yah.. it really annoys me when people put stuff like "not spector, warwick, fender" just o get search results. Hello people.. some one isn't going to bid on your knockoff if they are looking for an Elrick.. geez..
    That is just TOO similar to the Cirrus. The slightly mutated horns make it nasty though.
  9. Tim Barber

Tim Barber Commercial User

Apr 28, 2003
    Serenity Valley
    Owner: Barber Music
    "Babilon 5"...is that supposed to be a joke? Or are they just exploiting cheap Minbari labor?