1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

has anyone played this bass???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by grayman, May 19, 2001.

1. grayman

grayman

May 16, 2001
    i found a Yamaha BBG4S at my local music store (sunburst with gold hardware) for only $300 US. It has active electronics, sounds GREAT (to a beginners ear at least), and looks wonderful. I was just wondering if anyone had any opinions on it!?

Also, i played a few fenders, and squiers, and i was wondering if it was normal for the strings on those to hit the next fret down - they all sounded like b*tt to me - the only Fender that sounded good was the five string jazz bass i messed around on. all the other fenders and squiers clicked on the next fret!!!! *** is up with that!!!

2. jbass27

jbass27

May 4, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    Grab that yamaha! That is a great price on that bass. Those are very good basses for the money.
    It sounds like they had some basses that needed a setup.

3. They may need a setup, but as you're a beginner, it may be your technique, or lack of it, that causes the problem. I work in a gear store, and I reckon I've got all the basses set up pretty good, but a beginner can make any of them sound like crap.