Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Has anyone played this Markbass?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jock, Sep 6, 2004.

1. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    It´s called the Little Mark F1 and is small and light with 450W. Looks good on paper but how does it sound? Is it loud?

[​IMG]

2. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    that's my amp!

basically it is the same of the yellow little mark.

SS, superclean sounding and with a lot of power. the sound is to me similar to GK but less agressive and more rounded. watts are all there. really.

VLe is a passive tone just as on a fender bass.

I use the head with a 2x10 Markbass amp without any volume problem ina surf rock band.

for further questions, just ask.

3. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Sounds too good to be true. It´s one of the lowest priced amps in Europe if you dont want to go with Behringer etc.
    Does it let the sound of your bass through well? The EBS HD350 Im also looking at is almost twice as much.

4. andruca

andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)
    MarkBass used to manufacture the Audiophile MusicMan bass systems (they're remarkably similar, don't you think?). So I definitely would trust MarkBass. I live in Madrid (Spain) and also checked it out on some German online shops (http://www.musicstorekoeln.de or http://www.musik-productiv.de) 'cause I see them as a great alternative for us europeans, given the excesive customs costs we have to pay for items coming from the USA. Take care...

ANDRUCA

5. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Compared to the EBS HD350 I like the EBS much better. The EBS is much more true sounding and just sounds more like your bass in general. I will say however that for the price you just can't beat that little Markbass amp. With their 210 it's a big, punchy, growly sound. Very cool stuff.

6. Jackbass

Jackbass

Dec 19, 2003
    Paris (FRANCE)
    The EBS hd350 is clearer than markbass F1.
    I think the markbass tone has a more medium sound, a little bit jazzy.
    This markbass amp is really good product with incredible quality for the price.

7. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    Yes both EBs and Markbass are great products.

Personally i prefer the sound of Markbass, i think the EBS is too "highs", maybe too clear for my tastes. And their cabs are too "tweetery"

Not being a slapper and not being interested in a modern bass tone i found the Markbass really good for me. Add to this the really good price here in italy and the superlight cabs they make...

I have the little mark and the traveler 2x10 cab for 1 year withou problem. it's a loud and clear sounding amp. i always think to a more "bassy" GK.

less aggressive, more round.

real power, not only nominal watts.

8. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia

To me Behringer is a really cheap and workable brand speaking about bass amplification. Markbass is really much better. Tone is true and organic. Behringer sounded a little bit "false" to me.

Too good to be true? Dunno. Just try one and let your ears be the judge. I do not say that Markbass is the best, but for my needs this setup is a godsend.

They pioneered the use of Neo equipped cabinets and now quite every bass amp makers is using them....

9. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    I agree. That's a good description of the sound comparison between EBS and Markbass.

I add that to me the Markbass Little Mark head has a more intuitive controls layout. And I personally love the VLE.