1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Has anyone seen a cab like this? (just saw it on CL)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Meatbass, May 6, 2010.

1. Meatbass

Meatbass

Apr 30, 2010
    Frazier Park, CA
    I've never seen cab built like this. Has anyone had any experience with these cab designs?

Link to the CL post

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Mr. Foxen

Mr. Foxen Commercial User

Jul 24, 2009
    Bristol, UK
    Amp tinkerer at Ampstack
    Not a very practical design at all. Lots of size, and not much internal volume, the upward and crossfired speakers are nice for dispersion, but the down one bounces off the floor and causes weird phase cancellation. They are probably pretty much guitar speakers too, so probably good for guitar, terrible for bass.

Nice to pair up with your Bassman head for stylin though.

3. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    Sound better in the studio than live - here's one we used with my V4B
    v4cab.

4. NicJimBass

NicJimBass Flossin'? I thought your name was Munson! Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Lancaster, OH
    64 Audio · DR Strings · Source Audio · Hipshot
    Recording came to mind when I first saw it. the pic above with the mic is just what I envisioned!

5. epic!

epic!

Jan 16, 2010
    yes! i know several people that own those cabs. they play punk, or noise rock and it works great for what they play. they both run a sunn beta bass and has plenty of volume but not a lot of low end. sounds pretty good, especially if you can talk him down on the price

6. Mine sucked so bad that I pulled the drivers, sold them to a friend and tossed the particle board cabinet. Only the baffle is ply. Pass.

mike