1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Has anyone seen any basses like this?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TheJimster, Apr 1, 2006.

1. TheJimster

TheJimster

Feb 21, 2006
    Pensacola, FL
    Hey Guys,

Slipknotz again. I was just wondering has anyone seen any basses that have this body shape?

[​IMG]

yes I know this is teh guitarists guitar but it's a curiosity question. So if you know anything please let me know!

Thanx,
    Slipknotz

2. steve21

steve21 Banned

BC Rich makes tons of Warlock basses.

3. Ripper

Ripper

Aug 16, 2005
    NY/NC
    BC Rich Warlock...

[​IMG]

pic is a platinum series, but I'd suggest an NJ if you're planin' on gettin 1

http://www.bcrich.com

4. Schwaa

Schwaa

Feb 25, 2006
    Yeah the BC Rich Warlock.

I played one a week ago. Sounded good, but both the strap buttons are on the back, it makes the bass pivot when you let go and the neck dives to the floor.

Maybe if the buttons were on the side they place some tension on the body and it wouldn't pivot. It's not neck heavy, it's just like hooking the strap to bearings, they're gonna pivot no matter what, well, I guess a piece of duct tape would help.

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    BC Rich Warlock, possibly the most uncomfortable bass to play with, IMO of course.

Had an 84 with a tremolo, sounded great, tons of fun, but frankly, I kept poking myself.

6. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    You've obviouosly never (tried) to play a Beast. BCRich outdid themselvse in the unplayably pointy scale with that one.

[​IMG]

7. Ripper

Ripper

Aug 16, 2005
    NY/NC
    they're all playable, just slightly uncomfortable @ first... after the 25th time you play it, you get used to it :D

3 solutions:

1.) the duct tape thing should work

2.) relocate strap lock thing to one of the neck bolts (supposed to work... never tried it)

3.) 4-inch wide strap

(sorry... im bored)

8. I'd much like to have a Widow bass. But theres no way I'd dish out the 4 grand for a custom shop one. Why isnt there a NJ Widow bass? I'd get one in a heartbeat. if the price were right though, I'd get myself a used custom shop Mockingbird bass, I would only want to spend about $1300-1500 tops, I keep seeing them go for 1800+, which I think is a lil too much.

9. If I were to go for one of the "metal" looking basses, I'd definately be picking up one of these:

[​IMG]

The Tom Araya (from SLAYER) model is cool too, but I prefer a fiver.

10. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

Round all the edges with sandpaper, then refinish it.:ninja:

11. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    bcwidowmain.

As far as I can tell, the Widow is a caricature of a BC Rich made by BC Rich.

12. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Heh, I've been considering building a five or six string Widow. I think it would definately be... out there! :bassist: :p

13. Never realized the body was so small.

14. flip the bass this way and what do you see?

B C ! Shameless self-promotion! :smug:

15. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars

Mockingbirds, OLD Mockingbirds are the ONLY BC Rich basses that give me any kind of glow. :(

They're so pretty and cool that it's hard to believe its even the same company.

16. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Wow! I had never seen that original BC Rich before. That is super-cool in my eyes, a great cross between Dio and Devo.

17. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    You can get Mockingbird bodies from Warmoth...

[​IMG]

I'm the same way, I like a lot of the BCR's stuff, but would never buy one for myself. The Mokingbird's a different story, It's a classy design. (Maybe an old school Bitch Doubleneck too tho...)

18. morf

morf Banned

Feb 17, 2006
    I've played a beast thoroughly, and it was alot of poking fun ;)