Has anyone seen the October issue of BP Mag?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Mad Subwoofer, Sep 20, 2002.

1. Not the September Entwistle one, the new one? If so could you kindly check the "working stiffs" section for me....I think I may be in it??
  2. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    The one with Flea on the cover?

If so then I got that issue at home.....

I´ll check it when I get home in about 8hrs or so..
  3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    VERY COOL, Christopher C. Parker!!!!!!

BTW, It's the issue w/Ray Brown on the cover. <b>"Celebrating Ray Brown. His life & Music"</b>
  4. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    I just saw that Mad. Very cool! It sounds like your band is doing some really interesting things.
  5. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    yup i saw it yesterday! good work
  6. Oh jeez....I had no idea. Any of you kind folks got a scanner or what?
  7. Thanks! I love it! That neck is like a landing strip but with the Alembic "Fatboy" in the neck it is just massive...The only bass I'll ever need really.

8. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    is that just one frickin, ridiculously huge pickup!

:eek: :eek:
  9. Weeeeeeelll, actually it is two? The WAXY56 in the neck and a MAXY56 in the MM PU coils position. Alembic electronics are just wonderful...natural, wide..uncompressed. I really like their filter approach as oppsed to the classic B/T knobs. This way my bass never sounds "over-hyped" or "EQ'd"
    Know w'am sayn?
  10. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Ifree Warrior has a really cool bass line. What's that overdriven effect you're using? Sounds really cool...or is that just the Mega Dolphin in action? I dig that sound. Is that direct, mic'ed cabs, or what? Killer tone.
  11. Man, Mad Sub, you guys have lots of good thick stuff going on.
  12. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I'd buy a CD from you guys. Cool stuff. Bitchin' bass tone to boot. I've been listening to the stuff on your site now for the last half hour. Man that's cool stuff. (Starts looking into dub and looking for overdrive effects)
  13. Jeez guys, thanks? I apprciate the feedback. That and "Emmanuel" were recorded using that classic dub trick of playing through a OD/Distortion then plucking your strings very softly. This will give you an absolutely massive tone with some crazy subharmonics goin' on as well if you play it just right. My OD of choice is the Crowther audio Prunes +Custard.
    That is a mic'd Mesa M2000 through an Eden D212XLT w/ maybe just a hint of direct for mid emphasis. I unloaded those old Edens because they never sounded as tight in the bottom as I craved; kinda slushy? I know use a pair of *amazing* cabs (IMHO) EB-MM HD212's. I heartily recomennd them. Deep,loud and very throaty; best cabs I've used to date.

14. I'd send you CD's for free if you liked? They are just the same songs from the website burned on my 'puter, no fancy packaging. If you had a good connection I could even just email the too you, no prob. That way you could burn 'em yer selves?
  15. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    hey, you guys sound pretty cool...i dig the tone you're getting from your dolphin...good stuff...and i dig the overdriven/distorted sound with the dub style. really sweet. a prunes and custard, you say?
  16. Thanks...?? All this flattery is going to start going to my head soon....(!)
    Old dub guys used to crank their SVT's to the limit, then just gently carress their strings. Same idea with the P+C?
  17. that's pretty cool, like that you added in all the effects too :p
  18. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Dude. Supercool of you! I've got a cable connection, so I suppose you could e-mail them to me. Or the CD, which ever works. Those are some seriously kickin' tunes. Now I gotta go try out those EB/MM Cabs that have been hanging out at Bass Central! Well, that, and it just reaffirms my GAS for a Dolphin.
  19. My current rig uses my Mesa M2000 with a BBE, DBX 120XP and Alembic SF-2 in the fx loop. These pump two EB-MM HD212 2x12, 1x6" drivers and give me the deepest, loudest system I've ever had. These cabs are actually 800w's (not the 600w advertised) have a ton 'o headroom and move enough air at my dub gigs to make me nauseuos (I like that...!)
    Check 'em out if you can?