Has anyone seen this bass I sold?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FishDub, Jul 12, 2020.

1. FishDub

FishDub Stuck in the 80s and happy about it Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2011
    Charlotte, NC
    Back in 2015 I had my local guy help with a Doug Stegmeyer tribute bass as shown. Looking to get it back or perhaps a CV in Butterscotch. Let me know if you have seen it or have it. It was a Squier CV 50s P with an added pickup and 3-way switch.
    Thanks!
    Stegmeyer 1.JPG

IMMusicRulz and lowdownthump like this.
  2. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    IMMusicRulz and FishDub like this.
  3. FishDub

Jun 12, 2011
    Charlotte, NC
    IMMusicRulz likes this.
  4. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    Good luck. There was a butterscotch version at a local shop for a couple of years. I tried it several times but it's been sold in the last few months since I was there last.

IMMusicRulz and FishDub like this.
  5. FishDub

Jun 12, 2011
    Charlotte, NC
    IMMusicRulz and lowdownthump like this.
  6. IMMusicRulz

IMMusicRulz Commercial User

Aug 3, 2020
    Atlanta, GA
    I am a semi-professional musician
    I own Piano Man, Turnstiles, The Stranger, 52nd Street, Glass Houses, The Nylon Curtain, An Innocent Man, and The Bridge.
    And yes, Doug Stegmeyer was a very underrated bass player. I also own 2 Phoebe Snow albums he played on (Against The Grain and Rock Away). He also played with Paul Simon, Elton John, Debbie Gibson, Karen Carpenter, Bob James, Get Wet, Cyndi Lauper and Graham Parker. He sadly committed suicide in 1995, which is a shame because I always “Doug” his tone!

The liner photo of 52nd Street shows him playing a black Jetglo Rickenbacker 4001 bass. My educated guess is that he probably used this Ric on Turnstiles, The Stranger and 52nd Street.
    I also was looking at a Billy Joel concert playbill for The Nylon Curtain tour in 1982, that I bought several years ago at an auction.
    It mentions the following: Fender Telecaster Bass, Fender Precision Bass, Fender Jazz Bass, Yamaha BB2000 Bass guitar, Yamaha PB1 Bass preamp, Fender Bassman amp, Yamaha 215 bass cabinet, Yamaha P2200 Power bass amp, 2 Yamaha 412 bass cabinet, Yamaha B105-100 Bass amp, Moog Taurus Bass pedals, and LaBella flatwound strings.

D662D556-F8FA-4B1A-8EF5-2C187F8B548D.jpeg

I wonder what happened to his bass guitars when he died. Considering how influential Billy Joel is, they should be in like the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame.

Attached Files:

FishDub likes this.
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 30, 2021