Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Has anyone seen Velvet Revolver on their arena tour?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Mon Rominee, Nov 9, 2004.

1. I'm taking the Missus tonite (it's her 30th B-day, and she really wanted to rock to sweaty Wieland) and I was wondering if they still were pulling out GnR and STP songs to fill up the set...

Have the shows been good? Do you recall who was the openner? Will I have a great rock and roll time?

Do I want a t-shirt? xx-large so the missus can wear it as a night gown? (Meeeeoooooow)

Thanx.
    Mon

2. Hmmm. No one. THAT's a good sign.

Full report tomorrow.

Mon

3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I heard and read that the German tour was killerl
    They played both STP and GnR songs.

Moved to Miscellaneous.

4. Nice. I'm looking forward to it more for that than the album cuts, tho there are some decent moments on their proper album...

It'll just be nice o get out for the nite with the Missus, sans kids, to see a rock show, like the good old days. v:O)~

5. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    This was the setlist for Cologne, Hamburg and Berlin:

• Sucker Train Blues
    • Do It For The Kids
    • Headspace
    • Crackerman
    • Illegal I Song
    • It's So Easy
    • Fall To Pieces
    • Big Machine
    • Set Me Free
      ---------
    • Used To Love Her
    • Slither
    • Sex Type Thing
    • Mr. Brownstone
    • Surrender (Berlin)
    • Negative Creep (Hamburg, Cologne)

6. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    I missed 'em in Dallas, and don't know anyone who went. But I did see them on a late night show, and thought it was pathetic. They didn't even seem to care. Even for a late show (as unimportant as they seem), it made me not want to go see them live. Liked most of the album though :meh:

7. Wierd. The show last night was cool enough, a typical arena show... Weiland has more energy than most 20 year olds I know...the show was up, the sound was off. Slash is a guitar monkey. Duff is taller than Wilt Chamberlain, and half as heavy. Signature 80's Jazz Special (white P body, black painted neck p/j he used in Guns....)

And he used some really small profile GK cabs, that were positively dwarfed y the Marshalls flanked to their right. he used 3 4x10's and one 15, iirc.

Highlights: Big Machine, Sex Type thing, Mr. Brownstone, It's so Easy, Slither, No More (aerosmith), Crackerman, and the Album openner, Suckertrain blues (did I get that wrong?).