1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Has anyone tried a Dr. Bass 1x12 cabinet?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by appler, Jul 4, 2004.

1. appler

appler Guest

I'm curious about Dr. Bass cabinets -- the RX112 is ten pounds lighter than an Aguilar GS112! (the RX112 weighs 32 pounds, the GS112 is 42.) Apparently, Dr. Bass is taking a break at the moment, but has anyone tried them? How do they compare to, say, an Avatar SB112 or an Aguilar GS112? If I go used on the GS112, all three of them are in my price range. I tried searching about these little guys, but I can't find anything. Thanks for any info! :hyper: Much appreciated!

2. appler

appler Guest

Anybody?

3. duncbass

duncbass

Dec 28, 2003
    I have the 1000watt 212. Haven't taken it out of the house yet but it sounds great and is built like a tank. I don't think they're taking a break building cabs, it's just the web site that they can't get together. Too busy building cabs I guess. Just give them a call.

dunc

4. mxr255

mxr255 Supporting Member

Jul 21, 2003
    Williamsport, PA
    I have a 2x10, a 1x15, and a 2x12 on the way from Marc at Dr. Bass. They are still building just having website issues. Call of email him and he'll get back to you. I just talked to him yesterday. Marc also is having some health issues so that is slowing things up too, but they are still building. Give him a call. I like their stuff a lot. I think it is great for the money and it is nice to talk to the guy who built your stuff.

5. appler

appler Guest

Awesome, thanks guys!