Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Has anyone tried a Dr. Bass 1x12 cabinet?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by appler, Jul 4, 2004.

1. appler

appler Guest

I'm curious about Dr. Bass cabinets -- the RX112 is ten pounds lighter than an Aguilar GS112! (the RX112 weighs 32 pounds, the GS112 is 42.) Apparently, Dr. Bass is taking a break at the moment, but has anyone tried them? How do they compare to, say, an Avatar SB112 or an Aguilar GS112? If I go used on the GS112, all three of them are in my price range. I tried searching about these little guys, but I can't find anything. Thanks for any info! :hyper: Much appreciated!

2. appler

appler Guest

Anybody?

3. duncbass

duncbass

Dec 28, 2003
    I have the 1000watt 212. Haven't taken it out of the house yet but it sounds great and is built like a tank. I don't think they're taking a break building cabs, it's just the web site that they can't get together. Too busy building cabs I guess. Just give them a call.

dunc

4. mxr255

mxr255 Supporting Member

Jul 21, 2003
    Williamsport, PA
    I have a 2x10, a 1x15, and a 2x12 on the way from Marc at Dr. Bass. They are still building just having website issues. Call of email him and he'll get back to you. I just talked to him yesterday. Marc also is having some health issues so that is slowing things up too, but they are still building. Give him a call. I like their stuff a lot. I think it is great for the money and it is nice to talk to the guy who built your stuff.

5. appler

appler Guest

Awesome, thanks guys!