Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

has anyone tried or owns an ESSEX EG 90 strat copy?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by haplo07, Nov 4, 2002.

1. haplo07

haplo07 Guest

Apr 13, 2002
    Tinley Park, IL
    has anyone tried or does anyone own an ESSEX EG 90 strat copy? look i know this is bass site, but this is the off topic forum so out of respect for the other bassists here i have put this thread here. i know some of you guys are guitar players whether bass converts or playing in the closet (you know who you are) lmao. i was looking at www.rondomusic.com (looking at the jazz basses). i also play guitar, so i wandered into the guitar section of the site, and saw the EG 90 strat copy in white and basically started drooling right there. i always loved white strats with white pick guards and pups with rosewood fingerboards. looks so hendrix/ richie blackmoore. anyway has anyone picked up this axe? tired it? own it? please give me details. MIA/MIJ fender strat owners who have tried this or own this ESSEX model PLEASE give me some info on what you think of it. how does it sound, feel, any MODS you have done to it, and how it compares to your fender strat before and after MODs(if you have done any MODs). i suck at checking up on these things so for any and all info i will say i thank you one and all now. also if any own gibson or original usa Dean explorer bodies and have tried that SAMICK explorer copy on the rondo site, please let me know what you think of that axe as well. thanks guys. PEACE!!!!

oh and btw i have looked at harmony central's guitar reviews that have been posted there for this guitar and the samick. just so you guys know i have been there. later.

2. kurtzentmaier

kurtzentmaier

Aug 10, 2002
    Union, NJ
  3. haplo07

haplo07 Guest

Apr 13, 2002
    Tinley Park, IL
    oye. Kurtz Dude. i appreciate the input first off. however i have already looked all over rondomusic.com. second i have already stated i have been to harmony. i want to know from ppl here who fit in the areas i stated in my post, so i can get an unbaised view of what ppl think of it. ppl can put anything on their store's site good or bad. as for harmony central, well i want ppl in the community here to fill me in on their expierences with any or the the instruments i mentioned above or their ideas on them. even though you didn't do this for me, i do appreciate your time and your effort for the intention of my benefit. seriously, thank you man.

4. kurtzentmaier

kurtzentmaier

Aug 10, 2002
    Union, NJ
    No problem, just trying to be helpful.
    Kurt