1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Has anyone tried other cabs with a bergantino nv610?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Poon, May 1, 2006.

1. Poon

Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    I was thinking if I could trade my EA-VL110 off for a 2x10 or something else that compliments a NV610 really well, that would be cool. Has anyone tried an Acme b-2 or Bergie HT210S with an NV610? Might be neat to have a tweeter as a monitor for myself or something. It might be nice to have a smaller gig cab as well. Thanks guys.

2. jacove

jacove

Apr 12, 2003
    Aalborg, Denmark
    I've tried my nv215 with my nv610 on a few gigs...do I need to say more!...:bassist:

3. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Fremont, Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Yes, I was about to say that the NV215 is the obvious choice, but it seems like Poon is looking for something else. My guess is that an HT210 or HT210s would sound lovely on top!

Tom.

4. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    "Plane Old Me" stacks a 2x10 berg on his NV610.
    I know he has posted on this pairing before. He should pop-up anytime now.

5. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Yep! It sounds awesome. After the first few gigs with the Bergie 610, I found that I needed a tweeter for some of the songs. This pair sounds completely awesome! Oh, and I stack the 610 on top of or put it next to the 210 (the 210 is thicker than the 610). The volume balance between the cabs is surprisingly good, and they compliment each other. The 610 gets an awesome mid boost, and the 210 adds extra lows and highs when needed. And an added bonus is that I have a great cab for gigs that I do not need my whole rig for. I havn't tried biamping the 2 yet, but I am planning to get a separate tube power amp sometime and trying this.

6. Poon

Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    What impedence is your HT210? I'm guessing this isn't the HT210S if you're saying it's thicker.

7. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    8 Ohms. Its the HT, no S. Its an old silver grille one.

8. the dude

the dude Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2004
    Indy
    NV215...215...215... or something like that...

9. Poon

Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    I know...that would probably be the ultimate.
    I want to go on a cab frenzy. I'd love an NV215 to stand by the 6x10's side. however maybe a nice ht210 on top might do the trick.

Well...is my DB750 going to overload the HT210S if I'm running the NV610 at the same time. 2-ohms, 1000 watts into one cab that's rated for 750 one cab that's rated 500...hmmm. Should I get an 8ohm 210S instead? I don't think that would be an issue if I was using my Cres CA-9, but's delegated to PA duty now. :eyebrow:

10. TrooperFarva

TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    If shouldn't overload it, no. 975 watts, but the power is split between the cabs. So 488 to each cab. But thats only if you have the volume all the way up, which is totally unreasonable for a DB750. The problem you'll probably encounter though, is balance between the cabs. You'd have the same amount of power going to 2 10s as you would to 6.

11. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Fremont, Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    If you were using the DB 750, I would much prefer the power distribution with an 8 ohm HT210S. Of course, with the CA9 it wouldn't matter, but then again, one side of the CA9 is also more than enough to get an 8 ohm cab to sing, to my preference is the 8 ohm flavor.