Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

HAs anyone tried Spector Strings?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by GraffixNyc, Jul 20, 2004.

1. GraffixNyc

GraffixNyc

May 3, 2004
    New York City
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    Has anyone tried the spector nickel strings? What did you think? does anyone use them on a spector bass? What do you like or dislike about them?

2. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    I can tell you that the Nickel strings that come with the Euro basses totally suck! I don't know if those are the same as the Nickel strings they sell though. I can find out though. But if they are, stay away! I'll post my findings....

3. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    I just heard back. Here's the exact text I got back...

"The Spector strings we sell are USA made, made to
    our specs. Nickel or stainless steel. Strings on our Europe, Professional, and Performance basses are strings that are made in those countries."

I know this doesn't totally answer your question, but maybe it helps a bit.

4. GraffixNyc

GraffixNyc

May 3, 2004
    New York City
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    When I asked PJ what strings came stock on the bass he said just a "basic" set of nickel strings that are made in the Czech Republic. He said the Spector strings are made in the us and made to spector's specifications. I'm just wondering if they are any good or not

5. You never know until you try... I'd just figure maybe there's a reason you can't find anyone (on this forum of all places) that hasn't used those strings.

6. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    I just remembered that I have a 5-string set of the Spector Nickel strings. I will sell them to you cheap if you like. I don't intend on using them simply because I only use DR High Beams and Extra Life Colors. They we're sent to me because when I got my new Euro-5 LX the E string had a seperated core. So they sent me a new set. These are not the ones that come on Euro's. These are the ones they sell. The set is 45-130.

7. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    Hi beams on my 4 string, Lowriders on my 5 string...both Spectors.