Has anyone tried the Bazz Dazzler distortion?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Oh! Henry, Dec 4, 2007.

  1. So I walked into a store looking for a Fulltone bassdrive or OCD, the sales man told me he didn't carry the fulltone line but had a bunch of boutique pedals that he made me try, one of them is the Bazz Dazzler made by Dr Scientist.

    I tried it and I must say I was quite impressed with this little pedal. I'm now wondering if I really want the fulltone:confused: (or both :bag:) It doesn't really do subtle overdrive which is what I was looking for but damn it sounds very cool. It's hard to describe, but it's sort of like a fuzzy overdrive. Sounds a little like the "white stripes" sound but not so screetchy, with some very nice low end.

    I just thought I'd throw it out on talkbass to see if anyone had experience with this pedal?
  2. i believe it's called the FRazz Dazzler.
  3. The Frazz Dazzler is for guitar, they make one for bass called the Bazz Dazzler. It's not on their web site though.:confused:
  4. JoshC


    Nov 19, 2006
    Lancaster, PA
    Yeah they have the Bazz Dazler in addition to the Frazz. I don't know if it is still in production as they don't list it on their site. I was looking at some of the boxes earlier today and they looked pretty sharp like all Dr. Scientist stuff. However I have never heard it. If you like it buy it, the worst that will happen is you sell it later; and as far as I know Dr. Scientist stuff holds its value pretty well where there is that 4-6 week wait and all.
  5. Jared Lash

    Jared Lash Born under punches

    Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    I'm not sure I'd want the bass version, but I persuaded my guitar player to get one because I love the sound of it with guitar. One of my favorite fuzz tones.
  6. CallMeBlind


    Jul 19, 2003
    I have Frazz Dazzler, this is a fuzz pedal, definitely don a classical one, it is a guitar pedal and of course it cuts some low end, I hope I will get some blend pedal soon. I like to use FD together with envelope filters, sounds somehow close to synth pedal, I was putting some samples here on TB earlier.
  7. CallMeBlind


    Jul 19, 2003
    I contacted Ryan, asking about Bass Dazzler and here's the reply :
    "It's a Frazz Dazzler with a MIX control that blends in dry signal. I intended it to be used with bass guitars and synthesizers, as those instruments sometimes sound much better if you can still hear some of the dry signal. For example, with a bass guitar, you can blend in dry bass that has deep and clean lows with the wild distortion of the Frazz. It's called a Bazz Dazzler and looks like this: http://flickr.com/photos/drscientist/sets/72157594193637005/

    We've actually only made about 8 of those pedals and I don't know if they'll ever be a part of the website because they're really just a modified Frazz Dazzler."

    I think I'm getting one after NY.
  8. Wow, the one I saw was one of only 8 in existence!!!!! I think it's officialy on my "x-mas present to myself" list!!!! :hyper:

    And having tried it I gotta say it sound pretty awsome. Not the type of pedal you leave on all the time, but for that "Ohhh so cool" dist/fuzz, it sounds very amazing!
  9. CallMeBlind


    Jul 19, 2003
    Which color was that one? I'm between green and dark blue with "Bazz Dazzler" in white.
  10. Toasted


    May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I love everything about Dr Scientist.
  11. The one I saw was the white/light gray version. It's not as cool as the others, but I'm still getting it. :D