Has anyone tried to use the G-Force with a bass?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Mesa Man, Sep 12, 2000.

1. Now, I dont mean the all around present being G-Force.
    Im talking about the TC-Electronics G-Force. I reckon it would be great for some really spaced out wicked bass sounds. My guitarist is getting one and I cant wait to hear it. Anyone?
  2. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    That's one expensive machine. If your guitarist is kind enough to let you try it out, let us know how it sounds.
  3. puppeteering

Mar 16, 2000
    I was tantalized by the potential of the G-force when it first came out (I was mostly playing guitar back then), BUT........

A couple of nights ago I saw a jam/jazz/rock/improv trio called the "Living Daylights"- the bassist used an EBS Multicomp into a TC electronics G-Force, and looped often with a Lexicon JamMan sampler. The truth was, he may have been inserting the G-force into his effects loop, buit there was plenty of low end and overall tone with his setup utilizing the G-Force.

Check around for the Living Daylights- definitely pioneering bass to a new level live!!

Good luck-
  4. Aha, i will try to check them out!
    Thanks for the tip!
  5. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Hey...any verdict yet? Unfortunately, Living Daylights is not scheduled to come to Chicago anytime soon.

I'm starting to get the itch to "effect" my tone! Uh-oh;)
  6. virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000
    Never tried it,but TC Electronics doesn't make crappy gear in general.I used to have their chorus pedal and it was great.